OT: Sooo true

Don't know when the Navy adopted this but Wife #1, circa 1969 had this on a refridgerator magnate - stuck on the refridgerator. HER mother had her copy on her refridgerator and HER mother - the source - had hers on her refridgerator.

If you want to know who you're marrying, find out about her mother - and her mother. If THEY both have traits that irritate the hell out of you it's a really good bet that the one you're about to marry will have the same traits

-refined to an amazing level.

On the other hand, if you are proned to pealing onions, one layer at a time, trying to get to the SEED inside - THERE AIN'T NONE - just layers and layers and layers to peal.

Reply to
charlie b

"Nahmie" wrote: Have never read "Little Dorrit", but remember a Ford mechanic in early '50's(when they had such "better" ideas as the master cylinder under the floorboard, requiring special tools to get to it) saying that ALL design engineers should be required to work as mechanics for at least

1 year before being allowed near a drafting table.

-------------------------------------

I was a product of that thought, went to a co-op (work and study periods) school which provided a chance to be exposed to several industries while still in school.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Hear, hear!

Reply to
Robatoy

When Peter Townsend took over as president of Avis, he required that EVERYONE in the company (accountants, mechanics, advertising designers, whatever) spend one day a year at the counter renting cars.

Reply to
HeyBub

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 09:45:35 -0600, the infamous Swingman scrawled the following:

Do you expect mere politicians to understand irony, satire, and/or sensibility? Shirley ewe jest!

(Got 1/4 of the way through it when duty called.)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 10:17:51 -0800 (PST), the infamous Nahmie scrawled the following:

Having been a wrench 15 years, all I can say is "Amen to that", Nahmie.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

First couple of pages says it all ... but what a wordsmith, eh?

Reply to
Swingman

up doing after hours team an counseling but well worth it!

OOPs - Absolutely right. My mistake.

Still enjoyed the aftermath.

Reply to
RonB

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 10:18:40 -0600, the infamous Swingman scrawled the following:

Indeed, but tough to read. You have to stop and sort out all of his implications, reading it on several different levels at once.

Do you think pols are bright enough for that?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Pasadena, but there was a very close relationship with PARC - IIRC, Steve Jobs called PARC a National Treasure. In Pasadena we called them the 90% solution.

Reply to
LDosser

The kindergarteners can then Explain it to the MBA's.

Reply to
LDosser

We would do well to test them beforehand ...

Reply to
Swingman

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 05:51:08 -0600, the infamous Swingman scrawled the following:

Instead, they test us. They make promises and too many suckers fall for them.

(How's that Hope & Change working for ya, Libtards?)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

It does not help that Journalism as we knew it is Dead.

Reply to
LDosser

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 17:57:01 -0800, the infamous "LDosser" scrawled the following:

Long Languish Tee Vee!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

If Journalism weren't dead Barry wouldn't have gotten anywhere close to the WH.

Reply to
keithw86

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 05:39:49 -0800 (PST), the infamous " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" scrawled the following:

I'm sure that's quite true.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Lemma: Television is a medium. Proof: It is not rare. It is not well done.

Q.E.D.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi