OT: Sooo true

Page 2 of 2
On 1/19/2010 9:07 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Everyone, repeat, EVERYONE, from kindergarten to MBA's, needs to be required to read Chapter 10 of Charles Dickens' "Little Dorrit" at least once a year,
http://www.readprint.com/chapter-2800/Little-Dorrit-Charles-Dickens
Those working for the government, including politicians, should be required to memorize it word for word, and it should be posted on all public buildings ... :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

A quote from a US Navy leadership class:
I know you think you understand what you thought you heard me say, BUT, I am not sure you realize that what I said was not what I meant.
Have never read "Little Dorrit", but remember a Ford mechanic in early '50's(when they had such "better" ideas as the master cylinder under the floorboard, requiring special tools to get to it) saying that ALL design engineers should be required to work as mechanics for at least 1 year before being allowed near a drafting table.
Norm
Nahmie wrote:

Don't know when the Navy adopted this but Wife #1, circa 1969 had this on a refridgerator magnate - stuck on the refridgerator. HER mother had her copy on her refridgerator and HER mother - the source - had hers on her refridgerator.
If you want to know who you're marrying, find out about her mother - and her mother. If THEY both have traits that irritate the hell out of you it's a really good bet that the one you're about to marry will have the same traits -refined to an amazing level.
On the other hand, if you are proned to pealing onions, one layer at a time, trying to get to the SEED inside - THERE AIN'T NONE - just layers and layers and layers to peal.
"Nahmie" wrote: Have never read "Little Dorrit", but remember a Ford mechanic in early '50's(when they had such "better" ideas as the master cylinder under the floorboard, requiring special tools to get to it) saying that ALL design engineers should be required to work as mechanics for at least 1 year before being allowed near a drafting table. -------------------------------------
I was a product of that thought, went to a co-op (work and study periods) school which provided a chance to be exposed to several industries while still in school.
Lew

Hear, hear!
Nahmie wrote:

When Peter Townsend took over as president of Avis, he required that EVERYONE in the company (accountants, mechanics, advertising designers, whatever) spend one day a year at the counter renting cars.
On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 10:17:51 -0800 (PST), the infamous Nahmie

Having been a wrench 15 years, all I can say is "Amen to that", Nahmie.
--
The greatest fine art of the future will be the making
of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.

Do you expect mere politicians to understand irony, satire, and/or sensibility? Shirley ewe jest!
(Got 1/4 of the way through it when duty called.)
--
The greatest fine art of the future will be the making
of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.
On 1/20/2010 9:21 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

First couple of pages says it all ... but what a wordsmith, eh?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Indeed, but tough to read. You have to stop and sort out all of his implications, reading it on several different levels at once.
Do you think pols are bright enough for that?
--
The greatest fine art of the future will be the making
of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.
On 1/20/2010 9:07 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

We would do well to test them beforehand ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Instead, they test us. They make promises and too many suckers fall for them.
(How's that Hope & Change working for ya, Libtards?)
--
The greatest fine art of the future will be the making
of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.
scrawled the following:

It does not help that Journalism as we knew it is Dead.
On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 17:57:01 -0800, the infamous "LDosser"

Long Languish Tee Vee!
--
The greatest fine art of the future will be the making
of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.

Lemma: Television is a medium. Proof: It is not rare. It is not well done.
Q.E.D.

If Journalism weren't dead Barry wouldn't have gotten anywhere close to the WH.
On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 05:39:49 -0800 (PST), the infamous

I'm sure that's quite true. <sigh>
--
The greatest fine art of the future will be the making
of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.

The kindergarteners can then Explain it to the MBA's.