OT - Something actually worse ...

... than TV talking heads during a storm:

Never ending "TV news(?) briefings" in the aftermath of same, held, not for information, but for government officials to pat themselves on the back for doing what they're paid to do.

The best , and the worst, as above, sure comes out of folks when the going gets tough, eh?

Reply to
Swingman

I love it when there's a line-up at the podium and they all, in turn, say the same scripted shit praising the wonderful, but very, very tough job they're all doing.

Reply to
Robatoy

I love it when there's a line-up at the podium and they all, in turn, say the same scripted shit praising the wonderful, but very, very tough job they're all doing.

I thought this thread was about reporters not politicians. P D Q

Reply to
PDQ

snipped-for-privacy@m45g2000hsb.googlegroups.com...

Oh, you mean that Chertof fella, Hero Of All Mankind Rescue Chief and Benevolent Fighter For The Disenfranchised.

Reply to
Robatoy

And why was one of the cable news networks (I can't remember which) using Brownie as an expert.......????????

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike O.

I happen to catch a glimpse of that... I was aghast. AGHAST, I tell ya!!

Reply to
Robatoy

Makes me think about the current Canadian federal election TV ads. Absolutely every one of them are one of three things or a combination of all three.

  1. They pat themselves on the back for previous accomplishments even if they were only partially or barely involved in doing.
  2. If it was a fiasco of some type, they had nothing to do with it, another party was always fully responsible.
  3. If they're attacking another political party, it's always some fact accompanied with an outright lie of omission about that party.

That fact is that all politicians are outright, practiced liars despite any original intent at doing some good. And the sad fact is that WE elect and support the ones who are the best liars. Only one place to lay blame.

Reply to
Upscale

That's right. Blame Canada!!!

Reply to