OT: Some Large Hadron Collider Humor

A Higgs-Boson walks into a Catholic church. The priest says, "We don't serve elementary particles in this parish." The Higgs-Boson replies, "But without me, how will you have mass?"

Reply to
Tim Daneliuk

And the neutron walks in and says, how about me? Can I get in with no charge?

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

GarageWoodworks wrote in news:xJKdnU8Ptu_Jg2bSnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@northstate.net:

Vaguely woodworking-ish: A tachyon is just a gluon that hasn't quite dried.

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

Cute. I saw a great cartoon on the editorial page today. God, with the receiver to his ear. The caption was "And on the 7th day, God called his patent attorney. The newspaper headline in his hand read "Higgs Boson 'God Particle' Discovery".

for the actual cartoon.

-- It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something. -- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Reply to
Larry Jaques