OT: Some Good Eats

This year, it seems to be either rain or cold weather at the old boat yard.
Even had a tornado touch down in SoCal.
The weather has been strictly wierd.
The sun was shining today but the wind coming in off the ocean was cold, so no work at the old boat yard today.
Picked up a London Broil at the supermarket, but no way did I want to screw around using a grill.
The following is one of my alternate London Broil cooking methods.
Cut the meat in 3/8" slabs, then cut the slabs into 3/8"x3/8"x1-1/2" pieces.
Prepared a marinade as follows:
1 Cup, Olive Oil 1 Cup, 2 Buck Chuck, Red Wine 1 Cup, Soy Sauce.
Marinate the meat overnight minimum, 2 days are better, then cook as follows:
Using a cast iron Dutch oven with 1/4" hot olive oil in bottom, brown small batches of the meat, removing the browned meat bowl.
2 Large, Onions, cleaned and sliced, then held for further use.
When meat has all been browned, add onions and saute.
2 Cans, sliced mushrooms.
Add mushrooms to pot when onions are clear for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Return meat to pot and stir, then add remaining marinate, stir, then cover and steam for about 5 minutes.
Turn off heat and let rest for about 5 more minutes.
To Serve:
Spoon mixture over open faced Hoagy bun including some Aus Jus gravy from the pot, then cover with shredded mozarella cheese.
Nuke sandwich in microwave for about 30 seconds or until cheese is melted.
Screw the carbs and whatever else the diet gurus wring their hands about.
ENJOY.
Lew
.
H Lew,
Sounds great. Haven't had an LB for some time. I think the marinade I use has beer, oil and soy as the main ingredients.
I usually try to marinate 8 hours+. Get the grill red hot and sear it for a couple minutes on both sides. Slice thin.
Hmmmm...beef....
I'm going to try your method next.
Lou

Lew Hodgett wrote: Snip

Is Aus Jus french for Aw Shucks!?
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Nahmie
Those on the cutting edge bleed a lot.

Do you use a tape measure or calipers to layout the meat cutlist? ;-)
NorthIdahoWWer wrote:

Neither one of course. It's a trick question, right? That's what fences and indexing jigs are for. Sheesh!
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
NorthIdahoWWer wrote:

NorthIdahoWWer wrote:

Sounds to me like a job for an Incra jig.
--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

It's funny how some addictions/hobbies run in pairs, no?
Patriarch, planning on burgers for 10 this evening...