OT: Some automotive reviewers write better than others.

Dan Neil from WSJ sums up his experience with the new Super Sport Bugatti Veyron thusly:

"And then, just when other hypercars -- Lambos, Ferraris, Paganis and even rarer isotopes -- run out of steam, the Super Sport accelerates harder. This experience quickly exhausts one's supply of Old Norse oaths and curses and one is reduced to childish wows and holy cows. At full throttle in the Super Sport, the world comes at you in one ferocious, howling, soul-shaking, Newtonian sneeze." . . . ...some writer just have it...

Reply to
Robatoy

Agreed..... and I would give a nut to drive that thing for 10 minutes.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Meh... it's a Volkswagen. . . . okay...but a nut? And 10 minutes is all you get at top speed. Fuel becomes the issue. 268 mph goes through 10 liters per minute and you don't get many runs like that out of your tires...at $25,000 a set.

Reply to
Robatoy

-MIKE- wrote in news:i9568v$eoh$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal- september.org:

Metric, SAE, or metric thread with SAE drive?

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

I saw that on Top Gear. And yes, a whole nut. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

Crappy substitute for a T-33 if you ask me.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Artemus

The are contests for dream car driving experience, maybe a spin around the newly repaved Daytona...

ah dreams

Mark

Reply to
Markem

Naaa, I would like to right right, too.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Royal Whitworth, of course.

-- Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. -- Howard Thurman

Reply to
Larry Jaques