OT: Some automotive reviewers write better than others.

Dan Neil from WSJ sums up his experience with the new Super Sport Bugatti Veyron thusly:
"And then, just when other hypercars -- Lambos, Ferraris, Paganis and even rarer isotopes -- run out of steam, the Super Sport accelerates harder. This experience quickly exhausts one's supply of Old Norse oaths and curses and one is reduced to childish wows and holy cows. At full throttle in the Super Sport, the world comes at you in one ferocious, howling, soul-shaking, Newtonian sneeze." . . . ...some writer just have it...
On 10/13/10 3:51 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Agreed..... and I would give a nut to drive that thing for 10 minutes.
--

-MIKE-

Meh... it's a Volkswagen. <g> . . . okay...but a nut? And 10 minutes is all you get at top speed. Fuel becomes the issue. 268 mph goes through 10 liters per minute and you don't get many runs like that out of your tires...at $25,000 a set.
On 10/13/10 4:23 PM, Robatoy wrote:

I saw that on Top Gear. And yes, a whole nut. :-)
--

-MIKE-

snipped-for-privacy@mikedrumsDOT.com says...

Crappy substitute for a T-33 if you ask me.
On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 14:23:13 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

The are contests for dream car driving experience, maybe a spin around the newly repaved Daytona...
ah dreams
Mark
On 10/13/10 6:10 PM, Markem wrote:

Naaa, I would like to right right, too.
--

-MIKE-

september.org:

Metric, SAE, or metric thread with SAE drive?
Puckdropper

On 13 Oct 2010 21:23:55 GMT, Puckdropper

Royal Whitworth, of course.
-- Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. -- Howard Thurman

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703735804575536210036839120.html