OT - Solely in the interest of humanity...

Page 1 of 2
... and, of course, all my wooddorking buds hereabouts, I've come to the decision (gallantly and altruistically if I may say so myself) to do ALL ya'll a BIG favor:
Scientific analysis of some 40 + years of carefully gathered, personal financial data suggests that _my_ investment in crude oil futures will suffice to trigger an immediate and precipitous fall in oil prices, thereby allowing a return to the more normal (and comforting) wRec discussions of electrical and global warming issues, along with a reduced necessity on the part of a proportionately more robust Chinese economy to engage in spam, to the benefit of all.
AAMOF, I just called my broker, so wish me/us luck on all counts, and stay tuned.
And above all remember that those who buy high and sell low, sacrifice for _your_ salvation.
... you're welcome!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/27/08
Swingman wrote:

You must have gone to the same business school I did.
Thanks for the sacrifice!
--
Bill B.

http://home.comcast.net/~bberg100
Swingman wrote:

Thank-you very much for your contribution to our financial well being! I have a similar run with stocks; I've considered writing the CFO's of corporations and telling them that for a small fee, I will *not* buy any of their stock and enclosing a copy of my portfolio to back up my offer.

I'd like to transfer all of my investments to the "Sell Short Fund", but so far haven't found one.
--
FF

Thank you. I also have invested in oil products. Just today I bought another $53 of the commodity and I'm storing it in a tank in my wife's car.

Tank was half full?

Thank you so much. I finally have an investment strategy. I can short oil, go long on carbon credits and electrical components, and start looking for opportunities in the Chinese stock market.
Your sacrifice is appreciated.
Frank
"Frank Boettcher" wrote in message

ROFL ...

Glad to oblige you!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/27/08

Currently, already, Gold is in the crapper compared to a few months ago. Down several hundreds per ounce IIRC.

The word around here is Beany Babies. If that seems risky, try Cabbage Patch Kids. Some of my investor friends are still into TME futures.
Ya those cabbage patch kids, I've often thought about buying a bunch of them and making sour kruat kids, shread'em up pack'em in jars with one eye looking out. ross

Thanks but I feel left out.
Being from Pennsyltucky, my idea of an investment is the money spent on lottery tickets.
My Grandfather said there was a word for people who think like that - Democrats.
Tom Watson tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet www.home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1
"Tom Watson" wrote

Don't tell me that's NOT the case!?

Damn, that makes me a bonafide political schizophrenic.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/27/08

I think the two-party system is divisive.
On Fri, 9 May 2008 17:46:59 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Da tavarisch.
Tom Watson tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet www.home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1

(In my best Scooby Doo voice): Huh??

Literal Translation: "Yes, Comrade".
Implication: one-party is the only alternative.
Acually: three parties are a lot more fun.
On May 12, 6:39pm, snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote:

Three parties are also divisive. Smaller piece of the pie, but still divisive.
Or 35 parties and the 5 biggest can't form a coalition gov't.
Three parties are also divisive. Smaller piece of the pie, but still divisive.
Or 35 parties and the 5 biggest can't form a coalition gov't.
How about NO Friggin Parties, Clubs, or Associations.