OT: Social Security Admin or scam?

some people learn english just fine by immersion, but some don't. insisting on immersion just shoves those people further and further behind. being able to discuss what is happening in class in a language you understand is pretty much always going to help.

Reply to
bridger

Nope, if one does not understand the text, it looks like white letters in Spanish on a blue background. :-)

My question has been, if the students can't read English, where did they learn to read Spanish?

Mark & Juanita

The manuals might of been a bad example in this case. The manuals are nor really written to accommodate the US but the global market that has come about. It was just the best analogy that I could come up with.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Mental note to self: If I bash someone's typo, make sure I use proper capitalization when doing so.

Ironic is it not?

Chris

Reply to
Chris

No picture then, I gather.

Mexico perhaps? Possibly the object is to better 'relate' (though usually a lost cause from the outset) to students who may be more rebellious IRT advice in English. Sort like saying the Mass in vernacular, nobody's listening anyways.

I dunno if there are Spanish language schools in Tuscon, but it would not surprise me if there were some that never converted to English.

Reply to
fredfighter

"Norman D. Crow" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@enews3.newsguy.com:

In many respects you are correct. In Switzerland, every male (18 to 65) is part of the armed forces. They take their weapons and equipment home with them.That doesn't insure their neutrality. What insures their neutrality is their not aligning with other countries, their banking system and why would any other country want to invade them. The Germans loved them. The Jews on the other hand (the ones who survived) are not so happy with the Swiss (bankers not the farmers).

Sheesh, I said I wouldn't do this again. Hank

Reply to
Henry St.Pierre

snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Yes there are three official languages in switzerland and several more that are not official (Romanche for one). Most swiss are conversant in all their languages. I trained with their citizen army one time ago. You airborn pukes, think you can run? Think again. Hank

Reply to
Henry St.Pierre