OT: Snipping

I guess there is a newsreader on the market that opens messages at the bottom - would someone clue me in on what it is please?
Seriously though, it seem to be a growing trend to quote three hundred lines and respond with a one-liner at the bottom. It's OK to snip folks! (please, my scroll wheel is on the blink)
cheers,
Greg (who has been known to top post, bottom post and sometimes even fails to snip himself)
That is the very reason for my 8 or so years on Usenet I top post. Netiquette be damned. Puff

I do get tired of people saying that top posting is rude. For the very reason you mention, I believe that bottom posting (though I've done it sometimes to shut up critics) is the rude choice. With top posting, if you haven't been paying attention, you have to scroll for context...if you have been paying attention, you're done as fast as possible.
George
That is the very reason for my 8 or so years on Usenet I top post. Netiquette be damned. Puff
I'm for top posting. It gets to the point.
Ken

What is really rude is not EDITING the previous poster's comment. It only takes a few seconds, and if you are speaking to 100,000 people, it's the least you can do.
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net says...

People, this subject gets beat to death at least once a year in almost every newsgoup. AFAIK, no one who has developed a preference for one or the other has ever changed sides as a result.
So drop it!
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

What, so people can't follow up to your quotes in context? You know you're doing it but you just don't care?

See, this is why your method of top-posting doesn't work the whole flow of "who is saying what to who" is broken.
Dave "It also wouldn't hurt to keep your line lengths below 90..." Hinz
Greg Millen wrote:

Yahbut, be extra careful when snipping yourself and wear a pair of these (insert, tap, tap, tap) at all times.
UA100, who will never be accused of making a reply incorrectly and takes the time to pretty it up first onna 'count of anything else just looks like shit...
SLRN has this feature...but not as you describe.
It does allow quoted stuff to be compressed, ie, it will only show the first line of the quoted portion.
Ctrl-T is the ticket and works as a toggle.
--
Think thrice, measure twice and cut once.

Sanding is like paying taxes ... everyone has to do it, but it is