OT - Slow News Day

Page 1 of 4
CNN front page link:
http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/01/19/illinois.dog.attacked/index.html?hpt
RonB

Wouldn't be such a slow newsday if it was _your_ dog....
I have a 22# Lhasa Apso/Shih Tzu mix. I have had local turkey vultures take a close look at him....
On 1/19/11 3:48 PM, deadgoose wrote:

They have? You might want to check on that dog... don't turkey vultures eat dead stuff. :-)
--

-MIKE-

-MIKE- wrote:

They will eat small live animals. My dad scared a couple off that were attacking a litter of small pigs (in the absence of the mother). He saved the pigs but most had their ears and tails nipped off.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

I want that dog owner arrested for depriving a protected species from their tasty little snack.
-- Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air... -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
On 01/19/2011 04:00 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Hear hear! Not to mention the trauma the owl must have endured by getting caught in the dog's leash and being frightened away by the owner! Book 'em Danno!
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.

Well........... True! But I'm not sure I would expect it to show up on the CNN homepage.
RonB

Come to think of it, if an Owl had carried our old, and deceased, dog away It would have been a national news story.
Sam was a 100 pound German Shepherd. That would be one big %@$^^# OWL!
RonB

Wouldn't be such a slow newsday if it was _your_ dog....
I have a 4 pound Chihuahua and a 6 pound Chihuahua and it would be a dead owl if it got anywhere near my little babies

Who said anything about Chihuahua rodents? We were talking about dogs! . . . . . . . I keed.

Who said anything about Chihuahua rodents? We were talking about dogs! . .
Oi !, be nice Chihuahua's are a good dog great watchdog, faithful, very easy and cheap to feed, clothe etc. What more could you want? . . I keed.

My dauchund, pound for pound., will kick ass on anything that you can find. Of course, my 6 cats do keep it in line. :) :)

True. Dachshunds are insane fighters. I saw one going to town on a boxer 4x its size and clearly whoopin' boxer's ass.

True. Dachshunds are insane fighters. I saw one going to town on a boxer 4x its size and clearly whoopin' boxer's ass.
******************************
Snuthin, My Chi boy attacked a huge but very meek and mild brown Labrador and turned and ran for his life when the lab growled at him
Mom lost her small teacup Chihuahua to a Mexican Eagle off the front porch of their house. No match at all. Arizona.
We have Red Tail Hawk that we are concerned of taking our 5 pound long hair. He is cautious of eagles, hawks and Brown and White Owls in the neighborhood. Texas Pine woods and cross timber mix. He senses them and takes cover. But we watch for birds when out together.
Not afraid of the 'chicken' Buzzards - they fly over looking for dead kills only.
Martin
On 1/22/2011 3:38 PM, George W Frost wrote:

I have a 7lb chi and have had a couple of arguments with local hawks... I'm bigger than hawks and don't take prisoners.
On 1/21/2011 10:23 AM, Casper wrote:

Live very few miles from downtown Houston, in a highly urban setting, and on recent occasions have had a hawk(s) dive bomb me on the sidewalk whilst walking a six pound pup.
SOB's are getting hungry ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Nine pound miniature pinscher in Oregon and the hawks are coming in the back yard checking out the dog. One caught a pigeon in the front yard.

The dog caught a pigeon ? Good dog !!