OT? SketchUp Videos

Hello,

I ran across this link and thought that some subscribers to the group might be interested.

you scroll through the videos that they show, you will find some that are related to woodworking.

Have fun honing your SketchUp skills.

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Bogiatzidis

Thanks Sketch up is a great program but takes some time to learn.

Randy

randyswoodshoop

Thanks! I love Sketch-Up and would love to see more ways to hone my skills in it!

Reply to
Airedale

Not compared to most programs - you can be up and running in an hour. The interface is deceptively simple and there's a lot of power under the hood, so it can take a while to discover all of it - that's why these videos are so useful. Far better than reading a manual.

Reply to
RicodJour

Interesting link but the site is slower than molasses. I've got a very fast link so I know the bottleneck is on their end.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Mortimer,

I noticed that as well, but attributed it to the particular PC that I was using at the time. I had to constantly hit the play button to get some of them to play. Strange, because usually these types of videos from other sites are slow until they finish streaming or downloading (not sure of the exact technical term) and, once that's done, are easily played.

Somehow, I suspect that it might play into a self-serving interest on their part. If you get frustrated enough, you might decide to buy the disks. Although, in fairness to them, I did see that they pointed out a problem with viewing at least one of the videos.

Since viewing them online is free, I'll take a look at them from time to time to see if things improve.

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Bogiatzidis

I watched parts and downloaded a bunch of them late last night and there was no speed problem. I'm on cable and I was downloading at ~

1.5 to 2 megs/sec. I wonder how much of the bottleneck was due to the OP in this group. R
Reply to
RicodJour

Hi Folks,

SketchUp is easy to learn and is very powerful. I use it to draw all my working drawings for custom furniture. See write-up on my web site.

I have modeled a number of pieces using SketchUp and TurboCAD. I imported my old TurboCAD drawings to SketchUp and put both original SketchUp drawings and imported TurboCAD drawings on my site where you can download SketchUp native files free. Play with one or two to get a feel for SketchUp. I recommend you try "Office Table" or "Six Pane Oak Cupboard" since they are the most complete and done entirely in SketchUp.

Joe....

Reply to
Chiefwoodworker