OT: Simply amazing

Page 3 of 4
Pat Barber wrote:

Soooo, you believe researchers whose funding relies upon certain conclusions? Nah, nobody would fudge results: <http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/index.php/heraldsun/comments/hadley_hacked#63657

Rob Leatham
Mark & Juanita wrote:

I heard one climatologist, who quit the government research department he was in because of too much bias, put it this way, "You don't get grants from the government by telling them everything's ok and there's nothing to worry about. You get research grants by telling them the sky is falling."
--

-MIKE-

: Pat Barber wrote:
:> Sooooo. you are saying JPL knows more than the rec ??? :>
: Soooo, you believe researchers whose funding relies upon certain : conclusions? Nah, nobody would fudge results: : <http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/index.php/heraldsun/comments/hadley_hacked#63657
Here's a more nuanced view:
http://greenfyre.wordpress.com/2009/11/21/mikes-nature-trick-to-hide-the-decline /
Among other things, as I know from personal experience, "trick" is used by academics to mean "nifty way of doing or presenting something", not a deception. I use the term myself, in teachning formal language theory and doing proofs, to mean, basically, "the thing that you have to keep in mind/realize to figure out the problem".
In a wwing context, it would be a particularly clever and efficient way of doing something, or a vital aspect of problem solving you need to grasp to finish your project.
-- Andy Barss
Tom Watson wrote:

Will someone please pass me the popcorn. I don't want to miss a minute of this show ...

> Tim Daneliuk =A0 =A0 snipped-for-privacy@tundraware.com
> PGP Key: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0http://www.tundraware.com/PGP /

... snip

... and you continue to make my point. One would think you could at least come up with something a bit more intellectual than the school yard taunt "idiot".
The problem with you statists is that you just can't believe someone can reach a conclusion other than your "intellectual, nuanced" view of the world and the realization that an over-arching state control of everyones' life is just the way things should be. If anyone disputes that, comes to a different conclusion, or points out something that disputes that happy little notion, they could not have come to that conclusion by observation of human nature, reading of history, or any independent thinking. No sir, only idiots who listen to talk shows could have those thoughts and are just reciting lines from the person programming them.
I'm done wit' dis Tom. You've shown good writing style in the past and some creative writing skills. Unfortunately, that hides some really ugly ideas and attitudes.

Rob Leatham
Tom Watson wrote:

Brown shirts? I think you exaggerate. The conservative doesn't carry swastika signs like the left did during the Bush years. The conservatives don't beat people senseless like the SEIU thugs did recently (or the teamster thugs did during the Bush years). Conservatives do, sometimes, carry guns.
I'll agree that Buckley was erudite, Goldwater was principled, and Reagan was convinced.
Limbaugh, O'Reilly, and Beck are entertainers and not even in the same profession as the one's you named. Better comparisons would be Limbaugh with Streisand, O'Reilly with Alex Baldwin, and Glenn Beck with Roman Polanski.

I know it's hard for progressives such as yourself to do, but please refrain from profanity - this is a family group.
It's for the children.
Robatoy wrote:

No, he's simply observing that President Bush and his wife visited and consoled fellow Texans who were victims of a terrorist attack.
There were no press in attendance and non-personal photos were prohibited. Bush did the same thing dozens of times when he was president.

Maybe he should have thought of that before sending the troops into harm's way.

Maybe he should have thought of that before sending the troops into harm's way.
Ba a a a a a a a a a a aaaaaa Ba a a a a a a a a a aaaaaa

Ah, ba ba ba ba Barbara Ann Ba ba ba ba Barbara Ann
Oh Barbara Ann, take my hand Barbara Ann You got me rockin' and a-rollin' Rockin' and a-reelin' Barbara Ann ba ba Ba Barbara Ann
Went to a dance, lookin' for romance Saw Barbara Ann, so I thought I'd take a chance With Barbara Ann, Barbara Ann Take my hand You got me rockin' and a-rollin' Rockin' and a-reelin' Barbara Ann ba ba Ba ba ba ba black sheep
Ba ba ba ba Barbara Ann Ba ba ba ba Barbara Ann
Barbara Ann, take my hand Barbara Ann You got me rockin' and a-rollin' Rockin' and a-reelin' Barbara Ann ba ba Ba Barbara Ann
(Let's go now!) (Ow!)
(Hal, and his famous ashtray!)
(You smell like Rocky. You're always scratchin' it.) (Hey, come on!) (Scratch it, Carl, scratch it, baby, right over there. Down a little lower. Down a little lower!) (Saw-- Tried--)
Tried Peggy Sue Tried Betty Lou Tried Mary Lou But I knew she wouldn't do Barbara Ann, Barbara Ann Take my hand Barbara Ann Take my hand You got me rockin' and a-rollin' Rockin' and a-reelin' Barbara Ann ba ba Ba Barbara Ann
Ba ba ba ba Barbara Ann Ba ba ba ba Barbara Ann Barbara Ann Take my hand Barbara Ann You got me rockin' and a-rollin' Rockin' and a-reelin' Barbara Ann ba ba Ba Barbara Ann
Barbara Ann, Barbara Ann Barbara Ann, Barbara Ann Yeah, Barbara Ann, Barbara Ann Barbara Ann, Barbara Ann You got me rockin' and a-rollin' Rockin' and a-reelin' Barbara Ann ba ba Ba Barbara Ann
(Let's try that again. One more.)
You got me rockin' and a-rollin' Rockin' and a-reelin' Barbara Ann ba ba Ba Barbara Ann
(Ha ha. Let's try it one more time.)
You got me rockin' and a-rollin' Rockin' and a-reelin' Barbara Ann ba ba Ba Barbara Ann
(Let's try it once more.) (One more time. More artistic flavor.)
One more time You got me rockin' and a-rollin' Barbara Ann Woah You got me rockin' You got me rollin' Oh, Barbara Ann
(Thank you very much, folks.) (Thanks, Dean.) (Yeah, it's not bad.)
Robatoy wrote:

He didn't send them so much as he allowed them to go. Remember, all our military are volunteers. They enlisted for the opportunity to kill people and blow things up.
Fully 85% of those who've served in Iraq or Afghanistan have re-enlisted at the first opportunity. The remaining 15% retired, were invalided out, or mistakenly married harridans. Heck, the 1st Infantry Division (parts of which have served as many as FOUR tours of duty in Iraq), routinely meets its re-enlistment goals some months before the end of each fiscal year.
You've got to look long-term, too. We need a war every ten to fifteen years to keep the tip of the spear sharp. After all, who would become a fireman if there were no more fires? As things stand today, just about every military commander, from sergeant to 4-star, has led men in battle. You can't BUY that kind of experience.
We've also got to protect and encourage our warrior class. War is what they were trained to do, it's what they need to do, it's what they were born to do. They serve for their country's sake, for honor's sake, for glory's sake. For their lands. For their families. For themselves.

Sorry, but that statement reminds me too much of what the Germans were saying at the start of WWI:
Eine frische frhliche Krieg.
Remind me, hw many casulaties in WWI?
--
Best regards
Han

Thank you. Tom
HeyBub wrote:

You forgot apple pie :)
--

dadiOH
____________________________

Swimming.
Fred the Red Shirt wrote:

Russian roulette.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

DUI defense.
Regards,

Necessary when a lousy shot.

Necessary when a lousy shot.
What happened to better dumb than red . . . er . . . tougher than dumb . . . er . . .
Dave in Houston