OT: Simply amazing

Page 1 of 4

This should cause some statist heads to explode: <http://hillbuzz.org/2009/11/10/thank-you-former-president-george-w-bush-and-former-first-lady-laura-bush/

Rob Leatham
Mark & Juanita said:

Bush's problem was that he simply wasn't prepared for the immensity of the problems he was presented with and had a pack of old Nixon era/PNAC/NeoCon players making decisions for him. He was elected on the reputation of his father and simply wasn't up to the task as is often the case with oligarchical candidates. You could tell by the end of his term that he was having second thoughts about many of the things that were done on his watch, and his and his father's "legacy." As a result he took much more personal control in the last few months, including the refusal to aid Israel in bombing Iran, refusal to pardon traitor Libby instead commuting his prison sentence (which was also a mistake but pacifying the party leaders), and the expansion of health care clinics. He was weak in the face of more seasoned players like Cheney, Rumsfeld and Rove, and caught a lot of flack that he would not have otherwise simply because, as Command and Chief, he was the sacrificial figurehead. And you better believe they knew this and took advantage of it. The coddling of Saudi Arabia and whisking the bin Ladens out of the country after 9/11 made for bad press as well. Does this make him a great president? Emphatically not, but certainly not the worst we've had. His terms were no cake walk, which is probably what he was expecting, but it is intrinsic to the job to filter out untoward influences and act accordingly in the best interests of the country. After all, he was supposed to be the Ultimate Decider.
Just my 2 cents...
Greg G.
Greg G. wrote:

My mileage varies.
--

dadiOH
____________________________
Mark & Juanita wrote:

<http://hillbuzz.org/2009/11/10/thank-you-former-president-george-w-bush-and-former-first-lady-laura-bush/
Thanks for the post and link. Great reading. It's amazing how many now have buyers remorse.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

It's bad enough that it suffers from the gender confusion expressed in its handle - but the confusion apparently goes much deeper.
Regards,
Tom Watson wrote:

As usual, when you can't form a reasoned comment, go with the ad hominem. I expect no less.
As far as the topic, are you really proud of your [let's see, I think you made the comment, you really wanted] "elite" president in his handling of this latest terrorist attack?
Cold doesn't begin to describe him.

Rob Leatham
On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 22:01:45 -0700, Mark & Juanita

When the conservative movement was represented by the likes of Reagan, Goldwater and Buckley it was a true representation of a substantial sector of the American political spectrum. The leadership had vitality, wit and grace. But now that it is fronted by Limbaugh, O'Reilly and the sad-eyed-clown Beck, it is nothing but a gang of thugs and incipient brown shirts.
People like this don't amount to a shit stain on Bill Buckley's drawers and the people who follow them are the real sheep on the island, who'd better seriously watch their ass.
This is more of a reply than you deserve. Googlectuals and Political Scientologists like you and HeyBoob have never had an independent thought and never will. You vomit up the pap you get from the tit of the disc jockeys that serve as the intelligentsia of right. And you wonder why those who respond to you simply dismiss you as idiots, rather than argue the points of what you think are your positions.
It's because you are idiots.
Res ipsa loquitur. (Latin for, 'You've passed the duck test'.)
Regards,
Tom Watson wrote:

In this nation at present, purposely divided by ideology so that the fleecing is easier, ALL who take part in divisive 'conservative versus liberal', 'democrat versus republican' rhetoric are idiots, contributing directly to the problem by playing into the hands of those looking to "divide and conquer".
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

</modquote>

That sounds more reasonable than it is.
If you want to stand with them, fine. I'm tired of them smearing their shit on the walls and expecting me to discuss it as though it's art.
Regards,
Tom Watson wrote:

Easy now, what's unreasonable is making that assumption ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

I think you should update your sig line to include that nugget. It's obviously true. Divide and conquer, or divide and distract. It amounts to the same thing.
Swingman said:

You betcha!
Greg G.

The Ruling Elite's version of 'bread and circuses'.
Plus ca change.....
D'ohBoy

I, once again, point to this document: http://www.federalobserver.com/archive.php?aid=7124 (And no.. it is not another one of those Elders Of Zion pieces of claptrap hoax.)

I, once again, point to this document: http://www.federalobserver.com/archive.php?aidq24 (And no.. it is not another one of those Elders Of Zion pieces of claptrap hoax.)
Sadly, the moneylenders are still in control of the temple. Making obscene profits, Using obscene practices, Paying themselves obscene salaries, Taking obscene risks in the secure knowledge that the taxpayer will bail them out "for the good of the nation" when it all falls in a heap. Some defend the system as free enterprise. Seems more like usury to me.
diggerop. - who doesnt have a credit card and hasn't borrowed money from the leeches for 40 years. diggerop
diggerop said:

(For those who know this, move along...)
And then they went on to elect Woodrow Wilson who established the Federal Reserve and the 16th ammendment authorizing income taxes.
Later in life, Wilson stated: "I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world - no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men."
And: "Some of the biggest men in the U.S. in the fields of commerce and manufacturing know that there is a power so organized, so subtle, so complete, so pervasive that they had better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it."
And now, boys and girls, you know the rest of the story.
Greg G.
Greg G. wrote:

The 16'th amendment was one of the most egregious elements of the destruction of the intent of the founders and the purpose of the Constitution. By giving the federal government the authority to directly tax citizens of the states, it also gave the federal government nearly unlimited power over those citizens. That money, taken from the states only goes back to the states if they enact regulations required by the federal government, essentially undermining the entire federalist system established to limit the power of the federal government. Wilson's "progressivism" and determination to re-distribute wealth then led to the increasing statism during the FDR "New Deal" years and has continued after that.
... snip

Rob Leatham
And I might point out that amendment was not ratified in time, Oklahoma being the last needed hold out and taking the full threat and brute force of the Federal Government - cutting federal funding for roads and such. They finally signed - after the law expired - and it is the criminal congress that voted the exception and allowed a longer time (post vote) for the needed signers to sign the amendment into law. So taxes have been hated ever since - no thanks to the greedy Feds.
Martin