OT: Shops Not On Websites

Page 2 of 2
On Wed, 26 May 2004 10:47:08 -0400, "J. Clarke"

Of course, many people register domain names to PO boxes, work addresses, or hosting companies. Cell phones work great as contact numbers.
Barry
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

www.markjerde.com ??? Plus 10 years of newgroups messages.
BTW, http://www.markjerde.com/aaaindex.html
;-)
-- Mark

Could you just rename the extention to .12x or something along those lines? If someone did run across the file, they wouldn't know what it was. When you need to access them, save them and rename the extention back to .jpg or whatever.
WebsterSteve wrote:

Under Linux (which more and more people are using now), there is a utility/command called "file" which examines a file's contents and tells you what it is. For example, doing this on a renamed JPG file on my machine tells me:
andy $file test.12x test.12x: JPEG image data, JFIF standard 1.01, resolution (DPI), 72 x 72
It isn't perfect (there are some files it just says "Binary data" for), but it would also detect if you renamed a zip file:
andy $ file ziptest.abc ziptest.abc: Zip archive data, at least v1.0 to extract
Just thought I'd pose an argument as to why it wouldn't work... You could of course put them in a password-protected Zip file...
Cheers,
Andy