OT: Separate hot and cold valves on kitchen taps save energy.

Page 5 of 9
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message wrote

Yes, it can and does.
================ Ohhh
The boredom! The boredom!!...
--
Eric

wrote

Yes, but the hot water that has been sitting in your tank may not be as pure in taste. Mineral deposits, lime and scale are common in many areas. Feel free to drink it and cook with it, but I'd rather use a known water that is free of such things.
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message wrote

Yes, but the hot water that has been sitting in your tank may not be as pure in taste. Mineral deposits, lime and scale are common in many areas. Feel free to drink it and cook with it, but I'd rather use a known water that is free of such things.
============================ "free of such things"???
The water is "free of such things" because if "such things" are in the tank they are not in the water anymore.
Very simple logic, yeah?
--
Eric

says...

Logic must yield to experiment. Hot tap water tastes like crap.
"J. Clarke" wrote in message wrote

Logic must yield to experiment. Hot tap water tastes like crap.
=================It tastes just like water from the kettle.
That is due to minerals being removed, not added, by the heating element. Try flavouring it with ground coffee or tea.
I always use water from the hot tap. It taste's the same for kettle use. This old wives' tale is from the days when some people had artificially softened hot water but were too cheap to soften al their water in the house. The cold water was OK to drink without the added sodium.
Ed Pawlowski wrote the following:

1. My water comes from a well 325' below the surface in the front yard. 2. My water is filtered as soon as it enters the house. 3. My filtered water is softened before it gets to the propane water heater. 4. My hot water doesn't sit very long in the 4 year old heater tank. It is used daily. 5. My well water has no odor, taste, or color.
For those of you who have city water, what is in those water pipes that probably have been sitting in the ground for decades or longer, and in what condition are those pipes?
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
"willshak" wrote in message wrote

1. My water comes from a well 325' below the surface in the front yard. 2. My water is filtered as soon as it enters the house. 3. My filtered water is softened before it gets to the propane water heater. 4. My hot water doesn't sit very long in the 4 year old heater tank. It is used daily. 5. My well water has no odor, taste, or color.
For those of you who have city water, what is in those water pipes that probably have been sitting in the ground for decades or longer, and in what condition are those pipes?
=================== Sure, but when a city pipe leaks underground the pressure tends to make it leek..***OUT****
Maybe pressure works differently in the country on a well? Mine doesn't. Mine is filtered and softened with two different styles of units and the water heater still needs cleaning twice a year from whatever is left. Maybe the sodium from the softener?? or the potassium from the pot. perm. filter??
--
Eric

"willshak" wrote:

------------------------------------ Smart lady.
Try a little test.
Prepare two pots of pasta, one your way, the other her way.
Run a comparison taste test.
Assuming you still have taste buds, you will have your answer, especially if you use fresh pasta for the test.
Lew

Yeah right what about thinking of the one-armed people out there who find a single lever very handy

We charge them $ 1500 for an exemption certificate.

We charge them $ 1500 for an exemption certificate.
***********************
Wow, what a bargain !!
On Sun, 5 Jun 2011 20:40:56 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

OK, so now we have the Single Lever Tax and the Crip Tax. Hmmm, anything else, Mr. Compassionate?
-- Experience is a good teacher, but she send in terrific bills. -- Minna Thomas Antrim

..
Hey, I have to collect money to pay them new cool weapons somehow.

When I first read that, I thought you were proposing a tax for those who have 'the grip'. Which doesn't sound like such a bad idea, from a public health standpoint. :)
On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 04:10:20 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) wrote:

Are you referring to something in hit #2 here: http://goo.gl/VtsmK Enlarge upon that, will you?
-- Experience is a good teacher, but she send in terrific bills. -- Minna Thomas Antrim

They are a waste, but why stop halfway? http://www.footfaucet.net

You did it again, dinja? ... you crafty bahstud, you!
:>)
--
www.ewoodshop.com

Just so you know, I'm stealing that...
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

Hot water from your WH is hot, and comes from the same place your cold water comes from.