OT: scuttled by the sceptics.

Page 7 of 7
On Wed, 14 May 2008 11:04:20 -0500, Tim Daneliuk

Tim, don't hold back, tell us what you think :)

It's worse than that, they simply ignore them for the most part. Infuriating.

So, let me ask all Illinois residents. Do you think Obama should pay back every dime he has collected through a paycheck for NOT doing his job? After all 60 days after he was elected, he started running for another office. He doesn't vote for or against anything. He votes present so later on he can always say "I didn't vote for that". He doesn't spend anytime in his office. He hasn't stood up for Illinois like he promised when he ran for office. Do you think he should pay back the money he hasn't earned? Lou
Lou wrote:

I'd rather he (and Senator Durbin) just resigned. They can keep the money if they just go away.

That should be a requirement, who knows what Illinois cronies will weasel they're way onto the federal dole. Four governors convicted and jailed in my life time, Chicago and Cook county politicians. No thank you.
Mark (sixoneeight) = 618

As a practicing liberal (mostly), I have to look back on my "tony" education, at Albany State at something under $400 a year tuition, after serving four years as an enlisted man in the USMC, with a father who was an auto mechanic, and wonder where in hell I missed the boat.
If Bush declaws the Iranians, it will surprise even him, and cost about 11 trillion bucks, passed down unto the 75th generation.

Oh we are giving him a chance, we hope he beats Billarys butt. Then I hope he looses to McCain.

That would largely depend on McCain's choice for running mate, eh?

That would largely depend on McCain's choice for running mate, eh?
Yeah, and Whew I had totally forgotten about McCain's running mate that needs to be considered. I imagine that whether Obama or Hillary wins they will team up and McCain will have half of an Oreo Cookie to run against. ;~)

I doubt it. There's no way that Obama would offer second spot to Hillary; she and Bill would sabotage him every chance they got, and he's smart enough to know that. I also doubt very much he'd accept second spot behind her even if she wins the nomination (which is looking less and less likely every day).
I've been saying for > 2 years now that the Democrat ticket in 2008 will be Obama and Evan Bayh. I still think that, even though Bayh endorsed and campaigned for Hillary -- what better way for Obama to "reach out" to Hillary's *supporters*, without reaching out to *her*, than to pick one of her most prominent backers as his running mate?
Doug Miller wrote:

...except that Bayh doesn't represent "change" and the "new" type of politics that BO keeps talking about. In fact, anyone currently in politics won't qualify if he means what he says. Well, maybe Bayh after all.

Bayh is a chameleon. He'll say or do whatever is needed to get elected.

Including Obama himself !

We'll soon see.