OT: scuttled by the sceptics.

Page 6 of 7
Robatoy wrote:

Because they're usually not as, um ... emotive as you are in my experience at least. The Dutch folks I know tend to be very thoughtful...

like you do, Tim. It is very frustrating to discuss anything when you won't stay on point. In fact, I suggest you start a career designing camouflage.
On Wed, 14 May 2008 19:48:48 -0500, Tim Daneliuk

My vaguest apologies.
It was my understanding that you came to this country as a refugee from the former USSR - which we in the States habitually refer to as - Russkies.
Robatoy is a refugee from Amsterdam - which seems counterintuitive.
(BTW - a suggestion for his corporate name)
The actual point is that the angst generated by both of you is interesting in that neither of you are native born.
There is an inverse proportionality that I find both endearing and frustrating.
Tom Watson tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet www.home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1
Tom Watson wrote:

My family (not I) came from that corner of the world before I was born. I came to the US by another route.

That's the essence of democracy: endearing, maddening, uplifting, irritating, and so forth ...
On Wed, 14 May 2008 21:10:03 -0500, Tim Daneliuk

Please tell me that you were not a refugee from Amsterdam and that you and Robatoy are not separated twins.

Obama's message entirely.
Tom Watson tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet www.home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1

I thought you had lived in Germany, Canada, and the United States, but never in the Ukraine.
Which would make you as Ukrainian as I am Italian. (The Italians have hot women too.)
--
FF

"Fred the Red Shirt" wrote:

And most of them are pretty good cooks.
(Still trying to find an Italian cusine item I don't like).
Lew

Hear! Hear!
On Tue, 13 May 2008 14:11:09 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

I am from the state he represents, ain't no way in hell I will.
DAGS Rezko
Business as usual.
Mark (sixoneeight) = 618
Robatoy wrote:

Can you tell me why Obama is the best idea ever? Or even a really good one? He talks of change - that's really his whole platform - and when serving in Illinois, he changed... well... he must've... uhm... changed what?
This Obama-dude is just more of the same. Only worse.
Woodie wrote:

You misunderstood him. He is talking about *exchange*. Exchanging power for money. Exchanging the ethics of his office for the favors of crooks. Exchanging the hopes of his constituents for his own personal benefit. DAGS rezko blagojevich obama and see what shows up. We in Illinois are apparently blessed with not just one, but two completely lousy Senators. One thinks our military isn't much different than Nazi storm troopers, the other likes to make common cause with corrupt politicians and crooks. Swell.
(Not that the other two running are any better particularly. Hillary's trail oozes behind her and McCain led the fight for the "Keeping The Incumbent In Power Act" aka McCain-Feingold.)
Vote Reagan In 2008.
Yeah, vote for Reagan, the best President Japan ever had.

Robatoy wrote:

Required listening for Canadians involved in US politics: <http://members.tripod.com/~JB5555/southpark/hapicamp.wav

I like Obama too, but Clinton is better at getting the 'stupid' voters. This is how Bush was elected twice...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-j-elisberg/in-defense-of-being-educa_b_101517.html
--
Brian
www.garagewoodworks.com

Strangly, the stupid voters were able to out smart the voters that opposed Bush. What would you call a group that is not as smart as the "stupid" one?
"Leon" wrote:

Don't think you want to go there.
Lew
Leon wrote:

First, let me comment that I'm no fan of W's, but ...
What you say above is *exactly* at the heart of what keeps far lefties up at night. They have tony education as fine liberal (in the bad sense of the word) schools. They have been told that they are very smart, insightful, and wise. Then they take a look at the unwashed masses. A good plumber makes as much or even more than a Professor Of Feminist Deconstructionist Literature And Whining. Their garbage man seems happier than they are without the benefit of having gone to Harvard to learn to hate Whitey. Whole blocks of the country vote against their anointed candidates. They've spent a lifetime building up a worldview that cannot withstand even the casual scrutiny of Reality.
So ... they are bitter. Bitter because Joe Sixpack (for whom they have complete contempt) doesn't listen to them. Bitter because those redneck hunters, fishermen, loggers, and farmers, make fun of their Ivy League pretentions. And then, when some faux Texan with an even more phony "aw shucks" core pone style kicks their butts not once, but twice in Federal elections, they are just *outraged*. Bush is one of the most savvy, skilled politicians I've ever seen. His enemies routinely dismiss him as stupid or worse and he regularly demolishes them. I note with interest, for example, that W had better grades in college than Gore-bie, The Peace Prize Boy - connoisseur of lefty whine.
And there's more on the way. In looking over the past few years, I've come to believe that the real motivation for the Iraq war was real simple: To set up the timing and logistics to neutralize the Syrian/Iranian threat. This threat has been and is quite real. These guys are *the* bad guys in the ME, and have more to do with the failure of calming things down than any Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Witness the recent Iranian-sponsored pillaging of the Lebanese government for just one example. Anyway, when the time comes - probably before he leaves office, Bush is going to declaw the Iranians in a public and humiliating way. In 40 years, he'll be remembered as having the brains and patience to undermine a very real threat. His many other sins will be forgotten, and his foamy little sniveling opponents on the Left will be relegated to being laughed at as the caricatures of intellect that they are.
On Wed, 14 May 2008 11:04:20 -0500, Tim Daneliuk wrote:

Wow! We can always depend on Tim's tirades to be erudite and entertaining, regardless of their truth or falsity :-).
Bush didn't win by outsmarting his opponent - he won by the power of better cheating.
Larry Blanchard wrote:

Thank you, I aim to please.

That's nonsense. Both the NYT and USA Today post election analysis of the first election showed that Bush was the winner (barely). The second time around was nowhere even close to as disputed.

And Rove was the architect, not Bush.