OT: scuttled by the sceptics.

Page 2 of 7

I don;t agree that he has been a senator long enough to prove anything.
--
FF

Fred the Red Shirt wrote:

He's been senator long enough to prove *one* thing: He is a political scallywag, scoundrel, and racial carpetbagger.

YOU think that (whoeverthehellheis) is the real deal...
enjoy that illusion.

:-)
.. and has absolutely *no* chance of winning, thus making a vote for him nearly indistinguishable from a vote for Obama.
Doug Miller wrote:

True, but so what? If you examine Obama, Clinton, and McCain their positions are oh-so slightly distinct without any real difference. Face it, any of the three will be lying through their teeth when swearing to "defend and uphold the Constitution of the United States." Not one of them actually will do any such thing.
Tim Daneliuk wrote:

I don't think it's so much a matter of lying as not having a clue as to what the constitution says. Also, some of them think it's a "living, breathing document", to be interpreted to fit their current agenda, such as when SS was deemed constitutional under the commerce clause by the SCOTUS when faced with the threat of stacking the court by adding more justices to force it through anyway.
That and the other unfunded entitlements add up to in excess of $50 trillion for future taxpayers.
I won't be surprised when the voters gleefully vote for a candidate promising universal health care that will more than likely add several more tens of trillions more - all for "the children". Those children will be real pleased when they are paying %85 of their earnings to support this largess.
Of course, the folks promising all this stuff will be recipients or dead before those children have to pay the piper and figure out who did it to them.

Hey.. try a new concept. It's called humour.
Robatoy wrote:

Gotcha. When you do it, it's humor. When someone else does it, it's bigotry.

You're learning, son.
Tim Daneliuk wrote:

Unfortunately, this year, the only thing we can look at is who will do the least damage. There are no choices -- the Republicans let the Dems and Independents choose the candidate, so now we have a candidate who doesn't just reach across the aisle, he has done full gainers to the far left of that aisle.
As bad as McCain is, the damage he does will be recoverable; the ideas being espoused by the other two will do permanent damage to the country. OTOH, given how McCain keeps poking conservatives in the eye and his embracing of the global warming hoax, I'm not sure where there is much difference between these clowns.

On Tue, 13 May 2008 20:12:28 -0700, Mark & Juanita
-snip-

Starting WWIII is certain to be a recoverable "incident". For some, anyway (civilization, not so much) But, it'll sure please ole Rev Hagee.
Really, what I want to ask you though, is about this hoax. Tell me, have you read any scientific papers (e.g. any by that quack from NASA, Dr. Hansen)? Or are you just listening to that danged 'liberal media'?
BTW 'global warming' is a bit of a misnomer. And, there is no doubt the planet will survive whatever climate change is the works.
Renata

Let's see here, Clinton was the one in the last couple of weeks that mentioned Nuking Iran. And WWIII was really about 60 years ago. The war between the US and England back in the 1700's was really the first world war, it involved several leading nations.

There are climate changes but while the Arctic is loosing ice, the Antartic has been gaining Ice at the rate of 10% per year for the last several years and that area dewarfs the Arctic in ice. Houston set a 120 year record low a couple of weeks ago and we are expecting yet another cold front in the next copule of days. China has had a record cold winter. The only thing you can really be sure of is that the "Global Warming" buss word is always associated with Politics, the price of oil, sink holes, the writers strike, the Al Gore spoof movie, and what evergoes wrong this week.
Renata wrote:

WWIII has been in progress for the las 30 years or so. Hopefully whoever is elected along with help from other civilized nations can win it. The loss of this war could result in you wearing a birka.

NASA has adjusted their warming analysis:
http://news.mongabay.com/2007/0817-nasa_snafu.html

I hope we don't all freeze to death:
http://www.dailytech.com/Temperature+Monitors+Report+Widescale+Global+Cooling/article10866.htm

http://www.dailytech.com/Temperature+Monitors+Report+Widescale+Global+Cooling/article10866.htm
Have you noticed that cleaning up the air is causing global warming? Before emission controls no one complained about "global worming".
Leon wrote:

The warming crowd is now saying that the current cooling is caused by warming? Now, "climate change" seems to be the rage - it covers all the alarmist bases.
Doug Winterburn wrote:

http://www.dailytech.com/Temperature+Monitors+Report+Widescale+Global+Cooling/article10866.htm
Like I always say, "It's always something". If the left didn't have something to bitch about, then they would have to be happy. Ever met a happy LIBERAL?
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Doug Winterburn wrote:

The beauty of Global Warming Alarmism is that it is a "theory" that can be argued for all observed phenomena. Too hot? GW. Too cold? GW. Lots of storms? GS. Few storms? GW. The only real test of this theory would be to remove all government funding for it. Then we'd see how committed the apologists for this theory really are - they could donate their own funds for this Very Important Research.
You gotta hand it to Peace Price Boy - The Gore-bie Of Our Time - He managed to popularize an obscure rat hole in research to further his political ambition. His keening about GW is analogous to Carter making nice with the murderous Hamas leadership: They are both vile purveyors of mayhem.
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22069080-5001031,00.html

Global warming arguments aside, do you not think that clamping down on pollution is a good thing? Under pretty much any guise, pollution reduction is a good thing for us humans. I'm for anything that reduces cancer and various lung-related illnesses, even if it's at the cost of sunsets that aren't as pretty because of all the particulates floating in the air.
As to the upcoming Presidential race, I'll just be happy if any of the 3 are better than the current one. I don't think the US can handle another 4-8 years of that.
-Nathan
N Hurst wrote: <SNIP>

Of course I am, as are all true Conservationists. That's because doing so is good for *me* (mankind). But wild eyed theories about the end of the world "explained" by Gore-bie (The Inventor Of The Internet) are not about making the planet better for the critters that live on it. The Enviros are about using fear to get people to embrace globalist, leftist politics, nothing else. "The earth is in trouble and the only way we can fix it is if we band together into a global government that does things for you. All you need to do is give up reason, freedom, and thought."

This one is not as bad as everyone thinks. The proof of which is that any of the three viable candidates are far, far worse. Bush will be skewered by history for his lack of fiscal restraint, and he will be applauded by history for understanding the dynamics of the Middle East far better than *any* of his critics (well his administration will, anyway). Critics wail about the cost of the war and loss of life. But they are profoundly dishonest. They do not weigh the real cost of NOT going would have been. Imagine Iran/Iraq/ Syria - left to their own nasty devices - having nuclear weapons capability in, say, 30 years. Unlike the Israelis, who see such a weapon as a defensive choice of last resort - the Islamic Nutjobs running Iran, especially, would be happy to torch off a few tactical nukes to flatten Israel in the name of their fine religion. And this has consequences for everyone on the planet, the least of which being the radiation that would rise into the jet stream and land upon all the rest of us. Those of you under the age of 50, contemplate just *what* a nuclear-enabled Islamic world would look like and see if you still think W is nuts. I don't, and I mostly disagree with him on almost every other matter.
Bush is no brilliant President, but it is ironic that the single thing he got right is the one thing he is most criticized for - this by a bunch of sheep following guys around who think there are 60 states and that AmeriKKKa is an oppressive place.

> As to the upcoming Presidential race, I'll just be happy if any of the

It's too bad you think massive intelligence fabrications and obfuscations tailored to hype up going to war in Iraq is a good thing for the Middle East. I mean, I guess Iraq is better now than it was in 2001 if you're a fundamentalist Muslim or a security contractor.
The ME has had a massive anti-American campaign going on for a long time, I won't argue with that, but did we really need to just hand them more cannon fodder on a silver platter?
Did Bush need to toss the Geneva Convention out the window?
Should the US be allowing her intelligence officers to use interrogation techniques that are provably ineffective? US soldiers used some of the exact same techniques years ago and were court martialled and convicted for waterboarding as recently as Vietnam. Yet now we're cool with it?
Should the US be supporting 3rd party torture of people suspected of terrorism?
Bush's Presidential legacy is going to be much more than the Iraq thing. He and his administration have fought for the erosion of personal liberty far worse than any other President I can think of. Warrantless wire taps on US Citizens, removal of habeas corpus for US residents, Federal immunity for illegal telecommunication cooperation, and mandatory gag orders on subpoenas issued through National Security Letters so that US Citizens who aren't even suspected of wrongdoing won't know they're being investigated.
As much as I love my country, the more I hear about how Bush has allowed either by inaction or active support of things such as these the more sickened I become.
For a man who claims to be a Christian I really have to wonder which Christ he's following.
-Nathan