OT: scuttled by the sceptics.

Page 1 of 7
I have seen this in my history books.
The best idea, ever, is scuttled by the those who cannot expand their brains enough to comprehend the new ideas.
To my southern neighbours: "Please give this Obama dude a chance?"
Robatoy wrote:

He has no new ideas. In fact, he has no ideas at all, other than "let's whip up some change, any kind of change."

You mean this guy:
http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/05/the_obama_change_we_really_can.html
Or this guy:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/05/new-patriotic-o.html
When he first announced his run, I wanted so much to at least respect him as a person, if not his particular ideas. I've got news for you. He's just another politico who happens to be benefiting from an incredibly lame set of candidates on both sides of the political "divide" (it is no such thing). i.e., He only looks good because the alternatives are lousy. That combined with his amazing amnesia of never having heard Jeremiah Wright's evil racist screeds tells me that this guy is nothing to be proud of. He just looks better in a suit than the others do when they get dolled up. That's it.
No, everyone should the country a favor and send this guy back to Illinois where he can at least pester fewer people.
I'll vote for Ronald Reagan first. Even dead, he's a better choice than the three current contenders.
Then again, there is Bob Barr who appears to be the Real Deal...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tim Daneliuk snipped-for-privacy@tundraware.com PGP Key: http://www.tundraware.com/PGP /
Anybody, and I mean anybody who votes for Obama hasn't got a brain in there head. He has proven to be the most useless senator ever. He is nothing more than a used car salesman who seems to be able to sell the op on Nothing. Even I could get as far as he has if Oprah would buy me the presidency. Lou

Yea.... errrmmm... oh-boy...
Did you ever graduate from ANYTHING, lou?

I'll bet he knows the proper usage of the words "there" and "their."
Dave in Houston

And possibly not. In any event, his speech writers should be making sure he doesn't look as illiterate as the current president of the US.

And still managed to beat the Best and Brightest the Democrats could run against him. Go figure.
Lobby Dosser wrote:

He looks better in a pant suit than Hillary ... also a dress, I suspect.
wrote in message

if he is the only one that is smart enough to not need some one to write his speeches for him. ;~)

ROFLMAO ! I find it oxymoronic that you would use Bush and smart in the same sentence (make that paragraph) (no, no; make that thesis). NOT need someone to write his speeches for him? This is, without doubt, the most scripted president in history. Turning this guy loose without a teleprompter is a gamble I doubt a Las Vegas bookie would cover. DAGS the word "Bushism" and take your pick of audio/video gaffs and written lists.
Dave in Houston

I thought you might get a kick out of that. ;~)

I used to track Bushisms, but when I got past 30 single spaced pages, I quit.
His daddy took lessons from Mrs. Malaprop and passed the lessons down to Sonny Boy. In any normal society, Bush would be just another half drunk yuppie getting pushy at the bar before someone bent his nose.
Dave in Houston wrote:

Let me guess... You've been watching David Letterman trash Bush every day for the last 7 years, and you think yourself a genius?
--
Jack
http://jbstein.com

Lemme guess, it took you three days to come up with that response? What are you, a Bush speech writer?
I watch a lot of comics because I like their particular slant on different subjects though I rarely watch Letterman and more so because there is a particular guest he has on that particular night. I'd rather listen to Lewis Black. I am aware that you Bush supporters (all 18% of voters according to polls that you don't pay any attention to because they don't concur with your view of things) have little to laugh about these days. Face reality, Bush will go down in history with Calvin Coolidge and Richard Nixon.
Dave in Houston
Dave in Houston wrote:

I am not generally fond of Bush's policies, but I have to agree with you here. He will go down in history like Nixon. And Nixon has been (properly) rehabilitated from Watergate (a serious, but relatively small blip) as one of the more successful international policy presidents of modern history. You watch, Bush will be too. You have step away from the moment and have the benefit of 30 or 40 years to see the merit or lack thereof of policy decisions on this scale.

Oh, you mean China. Did we end up doing business with China? Nice one, Lou.
You watch, Bush will be too. You

Right.
Dave in Houston wrote:

major difference is that Harding did not have the ability to affect the rest of the world as efficiently as does Bush.     grumpy gus,     jo4hn
"jo4hn" wrote:

Might want to check that.
Marc Hanna (Hanna Mining), had McKinley has his hand picked presidential lackey puppet, at the turn of the century (1900).
Harding was 25-30 years later.
BTW, Hanna Mining is still based in Cleveland. The Hanna family represents some of the oldest, moldiest money in Cleveland.
On a par with J D Rockfeller, who is also buried in Cleveland.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

    sigh,     jo4hn
Ya i've got a suttle hole in my sceptic tank, thats for fix'in da pump. ross sorry just had to do it.