OT: schmooziest fancy car coffee cup?

Page 1 of 2
I knocked a friend's coffee cup off the back of my truck and leaked his coffee all over the ground. I want to get him a new one. I don't drink coffee, or hot beverages more generally, and I know diddly squat about these things.
I want to get him something really spiffy, and I have no idea if there's anything in particular I should be looking for.
I figure some of you folks must drink the bitter bean juice, so this seems a fair place to ask. I'm not looking for something diamond encrusted from www.schmoozie.com or anything. Preferably something I could just go buy at a store. Where does one find these things in stores anyway? What box store is likely to have the schmooziest fancy travel coffee mug flummy? Should I be looking at Wally-World, or maybe Advance Auto, or what? What department will I find the thing in?

I won't address the bit about your subconscious reaction to him puttin' his cuppaJoe on _your_ truck...
Regarding a replacement mug, it all deepens...
If'n you want an artsy, hand-made ceramic then head to a pottery-oriented gift shop(pe). If'n you might want some local color and perhaps a catchy gen-X logo head to the corner coffee (and book) cottage. If'n your friend drives an Escalade-Range Rover-Hummer-Land Cruiser then by all means head to that most pedestrian pervayor of peruvian nectar (of course, organically grown, picked by Juan Valdez hisself, packed off the Andes by Bob the burro and delivered directly to Seattle corporate offices by pierced, hemp wearing, dreadlocked boys and girls via rowboat up the Pacific coast)... Starbucks. Should your friend be of the Pabst swilling, hardhat wearing, chaw spittin', dunlap's disease sportin' variety then they's no finer place to pick up a quality container (brushed alyoumineum) for the morning coffacuppy than the Flying J Truck Stop out by the innerstate (Whilst you're there, you might consider one of them spiffy brushed thermos's too - he deserves it, don't ya think?)
____

Silvan wrote:

There are two kinds I like - one is an insulated stainless steel mug and the other is a plastic sailing mug that's about twice as large at the bottom as at the top with a non-skid pad.
The stainless steel mugs are easier to find and one of the big manufacturers is Nissan.
Try http://clusty.com/search?query=Nissan+coffee+mug for info.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

The downside to the Alum ones is not being able to microwave them if it needs a reheat. Allen

Don't know if you can find one locally, but this mug is the best shop mug ever. Keeps coffee hot for hours, can be completely sealed closed, and is indestructible.
http://www.totalvac.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=JMQ400&Category_Code=&Store_Code=totalvac
After years of practice, trial and error and general can't do anything without a cuppa I have settled on the Nissan stainless. I am pretty sure that stainless means less about the steel and more about the front of you shirt when your driving to work...
Knothead
Wed, Jan 12, 2005, 6:14am (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@nevermakinthatmistakeagain.org (Knothead) claims: <snip> more about the front of you shirt when your driving to work... No prob, drink thru a straw. You don't burn your lips with hot coffee, and it isn't gonna slop all over you.
JOAT Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. - Dale Carnegie
JOAT Says: No prob, drink thru a straw. You don't burn your lips with hot coffee, and it isn't gonna slop all over you.
I just started wearing a bib
On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 01:46:31 -0500, Silvan wrote:
<snip>

Where else but your favourite evil Kanuckistani tool pimp: ^ http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.asp?SID=&ccurrency=2&page2449&category=2,40733,40734
or
http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.asp?SID=&ccurrency=2&page056&category=2,40733,40734
Luigi replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address
Luigi Zanasi wrote:

Very pretty but I think I'd stick with Nissan--they've been making the things for decades.

--
--John
Wed, Jan 12, 2005, 1:46am snipped-for-privacy@users.sourceforge.net (Silvan) claims: I knocked a friend's coffee cup off the back of my truck and leaked his coffee all over the ground. I want to get him a new one. <snip>
JOAT Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. - Dale Carnegie
Silvan wrote:

I just ordered a mug from Amazon. It was a thermal variety, but it is ceramic on the inside. I can't stand the taste of tea in a plastic cup.
(Amazon.com product link shortened)05543794/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl60/102-9536357-0571311?v=glance&s=home-garden&nP7846
Or search for "highwave jomondo". They sell smaller varieties as well ;-)

[Deliberate and surgical snippification]
*gasp*...*trying to steady myself* *Looking at the ceiling in a waft of indignation* TEA?? IN PLASTIC???
*tuning down the drama button*
Okay, where were we...oh.. I have an Emile Henry 'Tradition' mug. Ceramic, made in France (If there EVER was a reason to transcend dislike for the French, this might be it) They are about 20 bucks in Kanuckistan. Trust me on this just this once.. you have never had tea until you drop a couple of Earl Gray Green bags into an Emile Henry mug (of course use bottled water, that goes without saying.....!!). <G>
Rob.
PS. Coffee may be okay in these as well. I stopped drinking coffee after I found myself chewing through the straps too early in the morning......
For the best in coffee mugs see: http://www.cafepress.com/blackbirdie/147688
(Also keeps my kid in lattes...)     Mr. SEG     jo4hn

Just around the corner from your house there is a Books-A-Million and inside is a Joe Muggs coffee franchise. They have some nice ones.
Bill Ranck Blacksburg, Va.
snipped-for-privacy@vt.edu wrote:

Now that's the best advice of all. You speak as though you're somehow familiar with the place. It's almost like you live in the next town over. :)
On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 01:46:31 -0500, Silvan

If you're looking for a travel mug/adult toddler cup, try a truck stop if you have one nearby.. good assortment and usually built to last..
OPPS.. PC (politically correct, not porter cable) correction... nearby "auto travel plaza"..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Silvan wrote:

Nissan.
If he's a beer and soda drinker, Nissan Thermos has one exceptionally nice one (JCA350) that can function as a spill-resistant coffee mug but also is shaped so that a standard soda or beer can drops right into it--it keeps the can cold for hours. Or if he's on the go and hits Starbucks regularly, they have another one, (JFC-600) designed so that you can drop the paper cup right in. Both are vacuum-insulated stainless.
<http://www.coffee-makers-espresso-machines.com/thermosnissan.html showsmost of the product line.
--
--John

Can't go too wrong with stuff from thinkgeek.com, I'm sure there's a ton of coffee-specific stuff there.
Dave

Those insulated mugs.. they keep hot things hot and cold things cold...how does it KNOW?