OT: Saving your favorite baseball cap

I have a baseball cap with the name of our local hardware store on it. They gave 200 of them out free to the first customers to show up for an anniversary sale. That hat has been great. I put it on whenever I'm at that store and get great service! The salesman are friendly and constantly asking me if they can help me.. Like wearing a crown or something. Well after a few years the thing has gotten enough sweat and dirt that you wouldn't want to wear it in public. So I threw it in the washing machine with some towels for a few minutes, rinsed it off and hung it up to dry. It magic.. Its almost like new again and my first class customer status continues. Life is good..
On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 21:33:37 -0800, "Jim Hall"

I wash my baseball caps by hand, with Woolite, shape them, then air dry. There are plastic forms for baseball caps so you can wash them in the dishwasher. The washing machine can be a little rough on them.

Mine, about 7 all cotton ones, get washed pretty often. There is a ball cap "cage" that you can put the cap in and then toss it in the washing machine. The cage protects the cap and holds it shape. IIRC I found the "cage" at Bed Bath & Beyond for a few dollars.

You think I'm going to hide this head of hair under a cap?

You think I'm going to hide this head of hair under a cap?
=====To be completely honest, the thought didn't even occur to me.

:-)

More important is keeping your head warm if you're follically challenged!

You got hair? Life must be good for you!
wrote in message

You know what they say:
God made only so many perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!
Vic

Without my cap, though, this perfect head gets as red as a lobster in the Summer time. It's as necessary a tool as any I've got. =0)
Lenny

It gets worse. My first and only experience with that was the time I fell asleep in the sun for two hours without my cap on. Waking up and realizing that my scalp was burnt to a crisp and was as tight as I could imagine wasn't the worst part. The next day came with a whole lot of pain and I still wasn't experiencing the worst part.
The worst part came several days later when the flakes started and I looked like I was experiencing a terminal case of dandruff for over a week.

Consider yourself very lucky that you didn't stroke out.
Jim Hall wrote:

Hmm. Do you know why Jewish youth seldom join gangs?
They can't wear their yarmulkes backwards!
Thanks for tips and humor.. All those baseball hats I was about to throw away are now washed and ready to be used again..