OT: Roger Ebert on bullies.

Page 4 of 4

He wouldn't finish his scream because his head would be missing. But, as is so typical of the Rightwing Nutbar Society, straw men are all over the place.
So, let me ask you this: If your aunt farts a B-flat and a dog comes running, is it her dog or a dog that likes B-flats.
Robatoy wrote:

What straw men? You made the blanket statement that only a fool attributes unseen attributes based on limited observations. I merely proposed one experiment that disproves your theory. So, then, your generalization is as flawed as you claimed mine was.

I don't know. My aunt lives in the attic and no one ever sees (or hears) her.

http://www.unc.edu/depts/wcweb/handouts/fallacies.html
Regards,

and mcdonald's sells more food than the Palm.
Regards,

There are also more PC's than Macs. More cockroaches than people.

The Daily Show doesn't make up news - they're just as accurate about the topics and events as any other news source. They just riff on the commentary and lampoon everybody.

I'm quite fond of Olberman's way of exposing hypocrisy. He backs it up with footage of Limbaugh's, Beck's, and Billo The Clown's transgressions.
Robatoy wrote:

Hypocrisy gets a bad rap.
The sign that says: "This way to Chicago" doesn't actually GO to Chicago itself.
Ninety percent of gynecologists are men.
Hypocrisy is not always a bad hat.
Robatoy wrote:

Yeah, I get a kick out of Olberman ragging on Palin for being a former sportscaster...

Olberman thinks that is funny as well. He was a former sportscaster and can tell the wheat from the chaff. Palin was a former sportscaster and can't tell her ass from her elbow. Similar roots, totally different development. I get a kick out of that as well.
Robatoy wrote:

Yeah, but how many people have seen Olberman in a swim suit?
Also Palin got more votes for governor than Olberman has viewers.
Anyway, sportscasting has a mixed-bag as far as career advancement. Dennis Miller went on to various forms of success. John Madden has made a fortune in video games. Don Meredith did about two TV shows. Howard Cosell is dead. Marv Albert became a famous band leader ... no, wait.

Didn't O'Reilly report for ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT? Wasn't Limbaugh a sportscaster as well?

Naw, there has to be either Hippopotamus or Blue Whale ancestry in there somewhere.
Max
"Max" wrote:

Neither species deserve that.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

What cracks me up about Rush is that the "family values" crowd takes him seriously. Imagine if some left-wing commentator had a history including being thrice-divorced, addicted to narcotic painkillers, sex tourism, investigated on multiple drug charges--well, clearly such a person is an example of moral decay blah blah. But for some reason Rush gets a pass, his character goes unquestioned by those who listen to his ranting. Amazing.
"DGDevin" wrote:

When the pickins are slim, ya takes what you can get, especially if thought is not required.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Hence our current President ...