OT - Rice Rocket DIY

http://filer.case.edu/~jsh28/drew/bodykit.html
Well, it looks as good as about any of them out on the road - and makes about as much sense. Now all he has to do is get one of those big coffee cans, put it on the end of his tailpipe, and get an instant 50 horsepower.
Disclaimer: I do not own a Japanese car, nor do I plan on owning one at any time. My present ride is a '78 El Camino with a built 307, and I'm quite happy with it.
JOAT I am, therefore I think.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Yeah, that was a Ford that was all riced-up. My son says the proper name for the big exhaust tail pipe is "Fart Pipe".
Add pictures here
βœ–
J T wrote:

Nice - I like how he suggests that you "tape on the front bumper TASTEFULLY". Any project involving that much duct tape, by definition, is NOT tasteful, even before you take the bare cardboard and the overall tackiness into account. Looks like they had fun, anyway. Better use of time than video games. Thanks, Andy
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Wed, 6 Dec 2006 20:06:00 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

I'll be keeping this one for the next time I hear a suggestion for dressing up a a car. And it's the racing stripes that actually give all the extra HP. The coffee can on the tailpipe merely announce it.
I'll give these guys a 10 for innovation and design and another 10 for the super technical instructions.
Pete
Add pictures here
βœ–
Thu, Dec 7, 2006, 3:39pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@mts.net doth claimeth: <snip> And it's the racing stripes that actually give all the extraHP.   The coffee can on the tailpipe merely announce it. I'll give these guys a 10 for innovation and design and another 10 for the super technical instructions.
I can see you're not mechanically inclined. Here's the proof, and easy to follow instructions. http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/mycoffeecan/page1.html
I'd give 'em a ticket for being drunk in public.
Here's some more background, if you wish to expend your knowledge. http://www.riceboypage.com /
JOAT I am, therefore I think.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Liar. According to the second link, the HP's all in the racing stripe. The racing stripe makes the car much faster when parked. The coffee can merely allows all that extra HP out when it tries to pass you. There is evidence that when a coffee can is is installed on domestic vehicles the power boost can be significantly increased with the addition of 2 stripes of contrasting colors.
A thick coat of Rustoleum applied with a 4" brush will give an estimated 18% HP increase (varied by your paint color) and lighten the car by 4% for those faster take offs on gravel.
Enjoy Pete
Add pictures here
βœ–
Fri, Dec 8, 2006, 2:09am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@mts.net doth now burble: Liar.  <snip of verbage>
Moot point anyway. None of them are going to be as cool as my El Camino, and no matter what you do to one, they won't sound near as good either. If I was gonna go for a furrin car I wouldn't go for a ricer, I'd opt for a Yugo, a man's car. http://www.sromagazine.com/boards/showthread.php?mode=hybrid&t=90868&highlight=yugo
JOAT I am, therefore I think.
Add pictures here
βœ–
J T wrote:

Cardboard is made from wood pulp?
Is that the connection?
Yet another useless JOAT post.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Fri, Dec 8, 2006, 4:50am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Gus) doth burble: And this has exactly what to do with woodworking? Cardboard is made from wood pulp? Is that the connection? Yet another useless JOAT post.
What? I forgot to label this OT?
You'll have to take it up with the Cabal.
There is no Cabal.
JOAT I am, therefore I think.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Gus wrote:

Well, that was a useful post. Thanks.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Fletis Humplebacker wrote:

Just like yours.
You're welcome.
Add pictures here
βœ–
The only Japanese car I ever owned wasn't an import.
It was a '65 Datsun Bluebird Sport I drove while I lived in Japan. Hand painted with black semi-gloss latex, I only had a 2" brush so it took all day!
It is now parked at the bottom of Tokyo bay as part of an artificial reef.
Andy

Add pictures here
βœ–