OT - RETIREMENT

This was passed along to me by my mother. Not sure who she got it from. It's passed with the idea of passing it along. Seems like a damn good plan to me. It's about time those thieves in office got a wake-up call. Sadly, they also seem to be the ones with the power to keep this going for them. But, worth a try.
IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU ARE REPUBLICANORDEMOCRAT! KEEP IT GOING!!!! 2004 Election Issue!! GET A BILL STARTED TO PLACEALL POLITICIANS ONSOCIAL SECURITY! This must be an issue in "2004". Please! Keep it going. ---------------------------------- SOCIAL SECURITY: (This is worth reading. It is short and to the point.) Perhaps we are asking the wrong questions during election years. ! Our Senators and Congresswomen do not pay into Social Security and, of course, they do not collect from it. You see, Social Security benefits were not suitableforpersons of their rare elevation in society.They felt they should have aspecial planfor themselves. So, many years ago they voted in their ownbenefit plan. In more recent years, no congressperson has felt the need to change it. After all, it is a great plan. For all practical purposes their plan works like this: When they retire, they continue to draw the same pay until they die. Except it may increase from time to time for cost of living adjustments.. For example, former Senator Byrd and Congressman White and their wives may expect to draw $7,800,000.00 (that's Seven Million, Eight-Hundred Thousand Dollars), with their wives drawing $275,000.00 during the last years of their lives. This is calculated on an average life span for each of those two Dignitaries. Younger Dignitarieswho retire at an early age, will receive much more during the rest of their lives. Their cost for this excellent plan is$0.00. NADA....ZILCH.... This little perk they voted for themselves is free to them.You and I pick up the tab for this plan. The funds for this fine retirement plan come directly from the General Funds; "OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK! " From our own Social Security Plan, which you and I pay (or have paid) into,-every payday until we retire (which amount is matched by our employer)-we can expect to get an average of$1,000 per monthafter retirement. Or, in other words, we would have to collect our average of $1,000 monthly benefits for 68 years and one (1) month to equal Senator! Bill Bradley's benefits! Social Security could be very good if only one small change were made. That change would be to: Jerk the Golden Fleece Retirement Plan from under the Senators and Congressmen. Put them into the Social Security plan with the rest of us ..... then sit back..... and watch how fast they would fix it. If enough people receive this, maybe a seed of awareness will be planted and maybe good changes will evolve. How many people can YOU send this to? Better yet..... How many peopleWILLyou send this to?? Keep this going clear up thru the 2004 election!! We need to be heard
JOAT A clear case of sub-optimization with respect to the ratio of effort to enhanced effects. - Myki
Attaboy: http://www.dailywav.com/0702/attaboy5.wav

Yeah, I'm sure Kerry and Edwards and (add your favorite rich Republican here) and all the other millionaires in Congress are staying up nights worrying about what would happen if they were forced into the Social Security system. Don't get me wrong...they're willing to take the extra $$ that come to them as a result of their current sweetheart retirement plan, but they're not all of the sudden going to "fix" Social Security if they're "forced" into the Social Security system.
todd

The whole article is bogus! It can be checked out via http://www.snopes.com
A search on "social security" reveals the following:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/pensions.asp
Joe aka 10x
It was fun for a little while, but then your reality check was a good antidote to the hokiness ...