OT reminder - Keep a close eye on your kids!

Page 3 of 3

I guess that's why I won't trust 100% of them.
On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 10:01:21 -0700, Doug Winterburn

Actually there's no conflict in the numbers at all. First, as another poster pointed out, the ones who keep re-offending in spite of repeated incarcerations are increasingly dangerous. By the time you get someone who's done three or four stretches you've got someone who is _real_ dangerous.
Second, most criminals manage to commit a lot of crimes before they're caught, even for the second or third time.
--RC
On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 10:01:21 -0700, Doug Winterburn

great argument for the death penalty.. very few repeat offenders..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Wanna play gotca, There really is no such thing as an ex-convict either. Once convivted of an offence you are a convict.
"Swingman"

I'm with you on this. My daughter, now married grew up when cellphones were not readily available. She faced a situation that scared me silly. But as you said, she remembered her training and constant drilling and was able to avoid any problems.
There is no situation that I would not require my daughter to have a cellphone with her at all times. No twit at any school board would dictate to me how to keep my children safe.
I worry now that when I have grand children, (in the way off future) they won't be allowed to wear the wristwatch/GPS/cellphone/ELB I'm sure will be available soon.
Thank you for sharing this.
Dave

<Snip of a post that terrifies any father>

[ speechless ] [ thankful ] [ relieved ] [ hoping/praying no father ever has to go thru this. ]
I can't add anything more.
Glad everyone is safe.
Way to go "dad" & God bless you & your family.
Lou

My two girls are 1 and 3, and they're currently within sight of either my wife or me all but about 4 hours/week, but thanks for the reminder. You can be sure I'll be putting it into practice with my girls soon. I can't imagine what you're feeling. Just the idea of someone trying to hurt my girls makes me upset. The father who could catch a guy who tried to do this to his children and not want to give him a serious beat down is a better person than me.
Congrats again on drilling in the good information to your daughter. Are you trying to tell me that they actually listen to what we tell them? I've seen no evidence of that so far ;-).
todd
Swingman wrote:

I live in what I thought was a very safe neighborhood. About two weeks ago or so California posted its Megan's Law web site. I found out my next door neighbor is a two time sex offender felon, one of his felonies being forcible rape of a minor under 14. I have a 13 year old daughter. He's listed as 6"5" and 360 lbs. I worry now each day that I leave to work.
Glen

A family near my nephew's house has Jake & Elroy meet the schoolbus to walk home with their 12-year old daughter. She goes for walks when she wants but Jake & Elroy always go with her. Jake & Elroy are brothers. 100 pound Bouviers des Flaundres. They never let her out of their sight... she belongs to them. =0)
Something to be said for that approach, eh?
Rob
"Robatoy" wrote in message

You bet ... if you can't trust the Blues Brothers, just who can you trust?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

And what is so amazing about those dogs, is that they don't show up on insurance radar re: dog bites. A very rare event. When one gets on his hind legs and lets of a roar..... the end result is always the same----> you leave a trail...
=0)
=========== Someone said:

Tragically, that age is not a factor is horrifically true. Here, the age of three was mentioned; however, victims are too often even younger. Many of those young victims also lose their lives.
============ Someone else had said:

There is NEVER anything funny about a child (or anyone) being a victim of such horror.
When people make "jokes" about things, some sick minds interpret that as acceptance, not to mention the potential harm to those who have been victims. Shame on you! I would hope an apology (sincere one) is forthcoming.
======== Glenna
Glenna notes:

A couple years ago, I think it was, a Roanoke guy (could have been Lynchburg or a surrounding county or town) was arrested and tried for molesting a two year old child. His comment: she came on to me. I don't recall his age, but somewhere in the 20s comes to mind. His girlfriend's child, IIRC.
WTF kind of sick mind is that?
Charlie Self "A politician is an animal which can sit on a fence and yet keep both ears to the ground." H. L. Mencken