OT: re killing a tree

"Leuf wrote: Mainly roots I guess, he's not very talkative.... SNIP It sits about 2 feet from our common property line and he does nothing

Leuf, Your information is sketchy and inconsistent. Please try to think about the question BEFORE you ask it. Also before I make the neighbor out to be a bad guy I would ask him to be specific about his concerns for the tree he may have a valid point about the tree needing to be removed. Try to remember that if you plan on living there forever and he does also it might be a good idea to compromise for the sake of peace. Puff