OT- Rabbits

Simple, we don't like them destroying our shit. AND man was given dominion over the animals. The animals don't control US, WE control the animals. Hello?

Reply to
Steve Barker

How did you resolve that dilemma?

Reply to
Michael Karas

Luckily the cage was inside the garden near the fence. I draped a tarp over the fence to protect me from a possible spray. Reached over the fence with a long piece of Mahogany I had laying around. Spent about 20-30 minutes until I could get the cage to open. He just walked out and crawled out the way he came in.

Supposedly they are very unlikey to spray during the day when not confranted directly. YMMV

Those cages are very hard to open from the other side of a fence with a long pole...

----------------------------------------------------------- Get free backup service using Drop Box Access your files from your smartphone or tablet Bonus space provided using this link:

Limp Arbor

105 degree day. My dad found that out in his garden. Last year: 22 possums, 5 coons, and 2 skunks. All went to sleep while he was at work each day.
Reply to
Steve Barker

Good logical reason.

Pure bullshit.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

might want to review Genesis 1:26 and 1:28

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Then I gottta dig a hole...

I think I'd be a little nervous releasing a coon on the other side of the river. Aren't supposed to be nasty?

----------------------------------------------------------- Get free backup service using Drop Box Access your files from your smartphone or tablet Bonus space provided using this link:

Limp Arbor

----------------------------------- Talk about pure bullshit.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

A self-justifying folk tale.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Before this gets carried away (again) let me assert that all I meant was that his first reason was sufficient unto itself, there was no need to bring up Steve's (and apparently your) particular religious beliefs.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

On Mon, 7 May 2012 14:35:11 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

Irrefutable proof has nothing to do with it. Steve brought religion into an argument that had nothing to do with religion.

His use of religion is tantamount to saying, "Here's my reply, you can't refute it, you're wrong and I'm right, so screw you."

It's arrogant, it's condescending and it has absolutely no place in any type of logical or scientific discussion. Yet he said it anyway.

"THAT'S" why I abhor people who flaunt their religion. It's a way of saying to everybody that disagrees with them, that they're inferior in some way.

Reply to
Dave

On Mon, 7 May 2012 14:35:11 -0400, "Mike Marlow" That

Then you better call me one too.

That's the point. No one can. That's why Steve used religion in his reply. It doesn't allow for logical or scientific response in any way, shape or form. His use of religion was a completely out of place reply.

Reply to
Dave

On Mon, 7 May 2012 20:48:07 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

I put down the religious beliefs of others *WHEN* they use those beliefs as the 'irrefutable' answer to some discussion or question. It's a form of cheating as far as I'm concerned when it comes to informed discussion.

Steve can't prove any of his beliefs. He can't offer up any sort of validation to his beliefs and he can't give one shred of scientific proof about his beliefs, yet he uses them as fact that can't be disputed.

And, because they are what they are, no one else offer rebuttal. In other words, they are unacceptable in any discussion, in any topic, except religion.

Reply to
Dave

man was given dominion over the animals. ================================================================================================== Horse shit. It's mans arrogants that makes them think they are the greatest thing to ever come along.

Reply to
CW

might want to review Genesis 1:26 and 1:28

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. ================================================================================= Now that you have quoted the book of fairy tales, give use a logical reason other than man's arrogents.

Reply to
CW

Said the city dweller who's never felt the thrill of his fingers around a small, furry, neck.

Reply to
HeyBub

Shooting your neighbors with a pellet gun is very poor form and almost certainly illegal...

Reply to
Tim Daneliuk

Chuckle - we do like to forget that, don't we :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Do not following mythology the has been through the telephone game through few thousands of years.

Mark

Reply to
Markem

Can't believe I'm even getting into this, but here goes.... :-)

When the dead sea scrolls were discovered, there were those who thought they would finally prove this "telephone game" theory by seeing how modern texts compared to these ancient ones. However, they were nearly identical. They only differences were equivalent to differences in spelling over time and punctuation.

Reply to
-MIKE-