OT - Question, Category Uncertain

OK, this is not first hand info, so can't verify its validity, bu if it is true, I'm curious. I've heard that at some eating establishments in Israel that you can order 'white beef', which is, of course, pork.
I've got nothing against this personally, pork chops are in fact one of my favorite vegetables.
Now these are Jews (of the Jewish faih) eating this, not 'foreigners'. My question is: Should this be Kosher?

I know several Jews and they don't keep Kosher. I would think there are secular Jews in Israel as well.
On May 10, 6:06 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

No it is not. White beef is breed of British steer.

When they start offering "long pig", get out. Tom

Is that anything like Filet Du Schlonge?

tube steak?
MB wrote:

You guys do make me giggle.

With a side of Rocky Mountain Oysters?
Kate O|||||||O

AKA swinging steaks. Around here at least.

It's like Soylent Green... Tom

Hah!
Writing that one down as a recommended course for a couple of numbnuts I know.
Robert
J T wrote:

Pork is not kosher. Irrespective of what you call it. Period. Whether an individual Jew observes the religious dietary laws is a personal matter.
Some accommodations are made in Israel for non-Jewish residents. There is no blanket law forbidding vehicular traffic on Saturday, for example. On the other hand, El Al, the Israeli national airline, does not fly on Saturday.