OT: Problems with Chinese Drywall

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/stories/2009/03/09/daily41.html
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20090313/ARTICLE/903130286/2055/NEWS?Title=Chinese-drywall-burdens-market

This crap releases sulfurous acids? Isn't that the same stuff that volcanos produce?
The Chinese certainly know how to produce toxic products.
On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 10:26:40 -0400, "Lee Michaels"

Does this mean WalMart is toxic?

YES
It's also the same as some of what you find in sauerkraut, before or after you eat it, and in lots of other things. Just being "sulfurous acids" does not make it harmful or harmless without knowing a lot more! Bob Wilson

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20090313/ARTICLE/903130286/2055/NEWS?Title=Chinese-drywall-burdens-market
volcanos

It might be the current news or the more or less instantaneous communications we all enjoy, but it seems like there's more and more of the harmful variety being shipped to North America on a regular basis.
Lee Michaels wrote:

Gypsum (drywall) is calcium sulfate.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Sure, but it doesn't corrode and destroy air conditioners. Or melt insulation.
The chinese stuff does.
"KIMOSABE" wrote in message

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20090313/ARTICLE/903130286/2055/NEWS?Title=Chinese-drywall-burdens-market
They seem to be blaming it on "fly-ash" being added to the drywall. Fly ash is commonly uses as and additive in concrete to improve its strength and working/pouring characteristics (Hoover Dam was built using fly ash concrete).
... now think how many homes have concrete foundations these days.
IOW, could the drywall just be providing the tipping point to preexisting conditions caused by other factors?
Sounds suspiciously dj vu, like much of the mould non-issues of years past, so before you make too much of this make damn sure you take greedy lawyers out of the equation.
...after all, it's ultimately George Bush's fault.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Looking at that face of hers, I'd venture to guess that Pelosi knows a thing or two about drywall.
Looking at that face of hers, I'd venture to guess that Pelosi knows a thing or two about drywall.
SYB and I bought ourselves a 52" 1080p Sony for Xmas. Those things should come with a warning. Certain people were not made for Hi-Def TV especially when they are directly behind the president during his speech to Congress.
Ugh.
Dave in Houston