OT: Pressure Washer Recommendation

I am in need of a good gas powered pressure washer, 2400 PSI or bigger. Anyone have any suggestions? There seems to be a lot of different models out there to choose from. Anyone know if an Axial Cam Pump is a good system? Thanks in advance.

Ronnie

Reply to
shooter

The serious machines start at 10HP.

Let your fingers do the walking thru the industrial cleaning section.

Lew

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Not looking for anything that big. Budget is probably $700.00 or less. Thanks

Reply to
shooter

What do you want it to do and how heavily do you plan to use it?

Reply to
J. Clarke

I have a Karcher 2400psi & 2gpm with a Honda engine. I paid $300 for it at Costco 5 years ago. I probably run it 20-30 hours per year and have had zero problems with it so far (knock on wood). Art

Reply to
Artemus

Just a heads-up, and this might have changed during the past few years:

We bought a Karcher in the general range you describe about 6-7 years ago. Very good looking machine and it got good reviews at the time. HOWEVER, the nozzle adjustment crapped out in about three or four months and attempts to find a replacement part were fruitless. A fellow at Karcher, USA finally told us outright that some replacement parts for consumer grade washers where back-ordered with no projected delivery date. It was purchased at Lowes, and to their credit, they let us exchange at purchase price for a different machine.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Similar experience, I found a good mechanic who specialized in small equipment ie pressure washers and replaced the pump with a commercial grade and haven't had a problem since. So I would recommend talking to someone that works on them.

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M

I bought a Karcher POS from lowes..... It lasted a summer. the next time, i looked in sears. they had a few machines in the 300$ range, but qant over 100$ for a 3 year warranty - It looks as if they know the washers don't last

shelly

Reply to
smandel

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 15:38:59 -0800 (PST), the infamous shooter scrawled the following:

I'm happy with my Costco-bought Karcher G3050. It's a 3,000 psi, Honda

190cc, 2.5gpm sweetheart. $350 delivered last year. If I had a larger budget, I'd have gone with a 4,000psi 4gpm, but they are quite a bit heavier.

-- Every day above ground is a Good Day(tm). -----------

Reply to
Larry Jaques

The folks that sell pressure washers parts are quite blunt about consumer grade washers. They consider them a POS. The pump has a average life time of "about" 50 hours run time.

The pump being the key part,runs $200-$300.

I have a lovely 5hp Honda setting in my shop right now that was given to me.

It just needs a gasket was what I was told. Turns out, they can't be bought for love nor money.

The pump is the > I bought a Karcher POS from lowes..... It lasted a summer. the next

Reply to
Pat Barber

Well, maybe the only factory-supported way... but any auto parts store can sell you a square foot or so of gasket material. There's also those Permatex goo advertisements that it 'works without a gasket' but I hate those, since replacing a Ford water pump put in with only the glue. The extra few millimeters for the (three, in series) gaskets keeps the bolts from bottoming in the engine block - without the gaskets, those bolts were bound to break (and the removal of the full-seam-glued housings was very stressful, too).

Reply to
whit3rd