OT Postings

How do you get rid of all this crap that has filled up my listing of rec.woodworking posts? Does anyone patronize these scumbags hawking their fake junk?
I access this group through Google.
Thanks.
snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

Step #1 would be to stop doing that then filter out anything from Google. Ditto gmail.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

yep, then the next step is to call it spam, which IMO is very different from OT posts...
mac
Please remove [dot]splinters before emailing

Excepting the rare woodworking-related spam, spam is off-topic, though many other off-topic posts are not spam. It is not a dichotomy.
--
FF

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 14:34:48 -0700 (PDT), Fred the Red Shirt

Is that like an appendectomy, but a little lower?
mac
Please remove [dot]splinters before emailing
snipped-for-privacy@att.net writes:

That's your problem. Get a NNTP account, and get an agent that has killfiles.
Teranews sells one for about $5 for a one-time fee. I tried it, but I found out that the one my ISP provides free (roadrunner) was better.
writes:

You might already have access via your ISP. Do a search on MSN* for your ISP and NNTP. If they provide access you should be able to get all the info you need.
*Telling people that use Google to search with Google is getting old. Randomly suggesting search engines seems to be fun for a few minutes anyway.
Puckdropper

snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

I purchase many quality products through these fine vendors. I have a basket full of msmesos - though I'm unsure of what kind of maple they're made from, or what I'm supposed to do with them.
My new fake Juicy Couture Bowler handbag makes a stylish Domino carrying case. If you're going to by the most stylish tools, don't carry them around in style-less cases.
And I never go to the pharmacy anymore when there's a plethora of high quality male enhancement products as near as rec.woodworking...

Did you search Google for Google Groups killfile?

This is worth trying - for diehard google users. You need firefox, greasemonkey, and the plugin
http://www.penney.org/ggkiller.html
On Apr 13, 3:05 am, snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

http://www.iol.ie/~kooltek/deadspam.html
http://www.silicon.com/research/specialreports/thespamreport/0,39025001,39150764,00.htm
--
FF

On Apr 13, 3:05 am, snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

Using Google groups I display the topic list and only look at the threads that interest me.
--
FF

On Apr 13, 3:05 am, snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

Filtering out Robatoy would eliminate much of the OT posts.