OT Porter Cable Router $99.00 Amazon.com

Page 2 of 4

The profit margins C-less thinks are so high are in reality nowhere near that range. Festool annual sales currently run about 200 million. They have to compete with the big dogs and insane margins simply won't let them compete. I would be surprised if they made 10% on their gross turnover. I am also willing to bet that the margins are way higher for HF shit. Their router, for instance, maybe costs them 15 bucks to make because they spend bugger-all on R&D (They steal all ideas), use inferior materials and pay their workers dick-all in wages. Those commie bastards are ripping you off, C-less! $ 59.00 for that router? Guess who's screwing who here?
On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 02:57:40 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Do you realize that the Red Dragon Noodle and Machine Tool Factory is also paying its laborers at much higher rates than other industries? Workers in those factories are VERY happy to be working there. Googlit.

I think mine cost $32 or thereabouts.
(See, Leon? People diss HF, too. Get over it.)
-- "A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." --Edward Abbey

People who buy HF tools support communism.
On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 11:28:49 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

That's just low, bananaboy.
-- "A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." --Edward Abbey
Larry Jaques wrote:

I bought the bird bath HF had on sale this week (aluminum with a "virdigris" finish and a cast iron base, 22 pounds). The "equivalent" at Sears/Kmart was plastic. I amused myself by thinking about what could possibly go wrong with the purchase. Wife is pleased. So far, so good.
Bill

"Bill" wrote:

All you need now are some pink flamingos and your landscaping will be complete.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Yes, there were a couple of flamingos in our yard in the late 60's (too)! The "virdigris" finish should complement our tan bricks--I actually decided that was what the color I wanted before I even saw the one in the HF advertisement. Here's a link to the item (in case you want to get one):
http://www.harborfreight.com/clearance/garden-birdbath-37722.html
I'm not sure if they are still $39.99.
I wouldn't consider my landscaping complete though--even with the flamingos. So I'll save them for last! : ) After I tend to everything else, I may build some trellisi. Coming around to year 2 in the house, I am getting better at coming up with ideas.
Bill

How do you plan to Clean it?
Lobby Dosser wrote:

I'm not the family birdothologist, hopefully, the same person who fills up the feeders will clean it! ; )
On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 22:22:15 -0700, "Lobby Dosser"

A bristle brush and water from a garden hose? Birdchit's easy, mon.
-- "A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." --Edward Abbey

Got the statuary in the middle just waiting to bark a knuckle ...
On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 19:37:48 -0700, "Lobby Dosser"

Silly wabbit. http://tinyurl.com/5thq2uv Cut the bristles down to fit it under the low spots and Roberta's yer auntie.
-- "I probably became a libertarian through exposure to tough-minded professors" James Buchanan, Armen Alchian, Milton Friedman "who encouraged me to think with my brain instead of my heart. I learned that you have to evaluate the effects of public policy as opposed to intentions." -- Walter E. Williams

You'll certainly want some of these, too, Bill. Tres chic! http://www.fourcorners.com/product_details_Solar_Meerkats_Set_of_4.aspx
-- "A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." --Edward Abbey

Jeez, those would get the neighborhood's attention quicker than parking a car on the front lawn!
On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 20:32:43 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"

OK, boys, proof that U.S. manufacturing is not yet dead: http://tinyurl.com/4dtr4al http://tinyurl.com/4b73ode
Oy vay!
-- "A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." --Edward Abbey

Used to be a place in Seaside or Rockaway that sold all of that stuff, including Gnomes and concrete deer. Back in the day you could even get the hitching posts - you know the ones. 'Course the Oregon coast also was the last bastion of Sambo's restaurants (Lincoln City).
On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 22:26:28 -0700, "Lobby Dosser"

Hey, the good stuff is still available. <gag> http://tinyurl.com/4q696g9
And music to suit: http://tinyurl.com/4fbkklh
-- "A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." --Edward Abbey

And a Very High Sellout Risk!!

People who buy HF tools support communism.
Not now, nor for the past couple decades. Don't you get news in Canada?
Only real Commie Bastids left are North Ko-rea and Cuber.

Get over what Larry, I am not the one complaining? I'm perfectly happy with my Festool tools and that brake adjusting tool I got from HF.