OT: Politics: Vocabulary List For Dubya To Study

Page 9 of 10

I don't recall telling you befor so this will be the first time. No need to take notes, google is your freind.
Three obvious reasons:
1) Replace a Dictatorship with a Democracy, helping to stabilize the Mideast.
2) Further isolate Iran and establish a potential base for military operations. Although Iraq was already hostile to Iran, it was also hostile to us. Now we have our military massed on Iran's border. Maybe they'll stop couterfeiting US currency now.
3) Switch the contracts for Iraqi oil reserves from France, Russia and China to the US and UK.
What can you come up with?
--

FF

snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net says...

So, in other words, Fred, he acted on behalf of the best interests of America?
Rick, looking forward to November 3rd...

Do you think those were his reasons?
--

FF

snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net (Fred the Red Shirt) wrote in message

NO answer.
Perhaps that is because you understand that Bush only enunciated 1), never menitoned 2) or 3), and advanced the discredited WMD argument as at least an equal basis as 1) above.
So if those were he three principle reasons, he was quite deceptive.
Regarding reason 3):
It is no tnecessarly to postulate an overt conspiracy between GWB, Cheney, Rice and their fellow oil barons. On may simply consider that those who stood to benefit economically from the invasion were positioned to influence the administration on the issue.
E.g. somwonw who doesn;t give a rat's ass about 1) but cares a lot about 3) can openly promote 1), knowing that 3) would follow.
--

FF

into
Well, I meant "you" in the same sense that John Kerry meant all the other soldiers when he said "I" committed atrocities. ;)

I think those are all good reasons, but the overriding reason for going in is the change in mindset, or paradigm, after 9/11. Of course number 3 smacks of the conspiracy theorist kook viewpoint, but it is quite a nice fringe benefit.
dwhite

That may be the strongest reason. Cetainly that is the reason we jailed 1200 Middle Easterners without so much as a reasonable suspician that they had comitted crimes. That is the reason the USDOJ wants to be able to strong-arm librarians into telling the government what we are reading. That is why we rejected the due process provisions of the Geneva Conventions and our own Uniform Code of Military Justice. That is why the Secretary of Defense has approved a secret list of interrogation techniques that no doubt violate the UCMJ.
Our nation has been like a wounded beast tearing at itslef and lashing out ar whomever is in reach. And like a wounded beast it has not helped us heal or made us safer.
--

FF

in
I think you are seeing things that do not exist.
dwhite

Are you attempting to evade rebuttal by keeping your criticism deliberately vague?
--

FF

going
3
nice
suspician
Justice.
helped
I'm simply trying to cut through all the bs. You characterize our nation as a "wounded beast tearing at itself and lashing out." I see things completely differently. You and I will never agree on this and there's no reason we have to. Let me restate my comment above; IN MY OPINION you see things that do not exist. I believe you attribute motives where there are none. I find it interesting that you not only know that there is a secret list of interrogation techniques, but have even presumed that it violates the UCMJ.
dwhite

See Seymour Hirsch's new book for all the grody details on the Presidential Finding signed by the president which allows snatch squads and interrogation techniques that would have formerly been considered torture.
scott
writes:

Presidential Finding

techniques
and these secret techniques approved for use where and under what circumstances?
dwhite
writes:

At a minimum at Guantanamo Bay and with Donald Rumsfeld's express approval.
Do you have enough information so that you can search a little to aquire an informed opinion?
--

FF

writes:

secret
violates
I'm a little disappointed. I was waiting on an answer something like it will be used against any protestors at republican events, gay pride parades, that kind of thing.
dwhite

Donald Rumsfeld and others have testified to the existance of that classified list of interrogation techniques. The existance of the list is not classified, secret, nor news to people who read newspapers or listen to testimony befor Senate commitees on C-Span radio. The content of the list remains classified.
That it includes acts which violate the UCMJ is a prediction on my part.
--

FF

violates
I didn't mean to imply there wasn't one. In fact I'll go you one better to say that there are other lists we will never know about.

Yes, that's about par for the course.
dwhite

It's not just about Dubya. In some respects he's the puppet of Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz etc. It has been reported that minutes after the 9/11 attack, Rumsfeld penned a memo about getting Saddam. Seems there was an irrational predisposition to go to war with Iraq- "he tried to kill my daddy!" But, let the facts fall where they may.
Dubya could have put some time in at Yale getting an education- as it is, he's an embarrassment, and his coterie a threat to democracy.
Fred the Red Shirt responds:

You're right. Ah, what the hell. And that chickenshit Cheney says that Kerry doesn't have the judgment to be President.
"Sweet sufferin' succotash!" Daffy Duck.
On 30 Sep 2004 15:05:30 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

So you truly believe that the only reason the coalition forces are under attack are because of a single brash statement? If Bush hadn't said that, the animals hacking peoples' heads off would have just set themselves down and thanked us for liberating them?

(Charlie Self)

No.

In my experience, animals are better behaved.
--

FF

Fred the Red Shirt responds:

Of course not. But it was brash and stupid and shows an incredible lack of judgment on his part, whether it is a part of the cause of extreme behavior or not. Sounds like someone backing off a bar stool, for Christ's sake, with fists ready.
Except he isn't the one using the fists.

Much better, unless rabid. Do you think the veterinarians over there could give everyone a rabies shot a birth?
Charlie Self "Politics, n. Strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles." Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary