OT political views wanted from other countries

Page 3 of 3

I'm not surprised. What I find bizarre is that he thinks it would be better to have "discussions" of that ilk HERE, which is the obvious consequence of posting political threads here.

A cow-orker from Australia remarked that he recently watched tapes of the Nixon-Kennedy debate and found it remarkable that in that era the candidates debated the issues.
As President, Nixon countered his extremely vocal critics in the media by claiming the support of a 'vast silent majority'. Come election time, that vast silent majority won him 49 states.
Ignore the morons and write for the vast silent majority of _lurkers_ whom you can assume will read your articles and skip over the flamers. Lead by example. Make it a GOOD example.
Not Usenet but:
<http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/user-posts?name=fred+fighter
If you read the individual threads in which these appear you will find them full of insults, personal attacks and other stupidity.
--

FF

Jana wrote:

http://www.marryanamerican.ca/pledge /

I love this idea. Please please please Canadians, take all of these bufoons out of our country for us.
Frank

My main concern was neither main candidate had a word to say about import conditions regarding Festool and Fein. Nor did either have a plan to bring DeWalt up to global standards regarding dust collection.
I couldn't vote for Nader, since one of the main parts of his platform was, in the interest of safety, removing all sharp edges from woodworking tools.
So decided to vote the Conover/Purdy ticket.

Is he a woodworker?
Simply put....I hate politcal posts in un-related newsgroups.
I miss President Carter. He is a fellow woodworker.

Yeah I miss him too. He makes everyone look good by comparison.

Imagine you were in a coffee shop and GB 43 walks in. You say, "Mr. President, I have to tell you, you are so much better than Pres. Carter." Would he ask the Secret Service to take you out back for a tune up?
Actually, I like your comment. Very British in its politeness and sting. -- Igor

I think Bush and I would probably see eye to eye on more than not. IMHO Carter was terrible. Worse that what the Bush haters and Clinton haters could imagine.

humm.. ;~) Texas and Britain are not so different after all. LOL/

Simply put.....GO AWAY.
Simply put, your a troll.

YOUR a troll. Don't know you're grammer all to good, eh?

Holy crispy crap! That's four usage/grammar/spelling errors in a single post.
"you're a troll", not "your a troll". "grammar", not "grammer". "too good", not "to good". "too well", not "too good".
Yeesh!

Tim and Stephanie did say:

I think you've just swallowed the hook dangled by another troll...
--
New project = new tool. Hard and fast rule.

Doh!
And probably line and sinker.
Tim and Stephanie wrote:

The only thing I remember from the English book in high school nearly 30 years ago (!!) is this cartoon caption. "Jim he likes English like I do."
-- Mark