OT Political Humor

Page 5 of 5
Glen responds:

You came home after Lt. Wm. Calley. He and his men were baby killers and the brush unfortunately tarred a lot of good troops along with them. It wasn't people like Kerry, vets trying to stop the war and keep other Americans from dying, who created the problem. It was people like Calley and others who wore necklaces of ears taken from killed Cong.
Charlie Self "Abstainer: a weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure." Ambrose Bierce
Add pictures here
โœ–

In Buffalo, some of the most extreme anti-war protesters were Vietnam vets, and that was true in other places as well. And now that the neocons have rewritten history again, making Kerry rather than Clinton the Number One Bad Guy during the Viet war, we have conveniently forgotten that it was Good Republican Businessmen who wouldn't hire returning vets, and Good Republican veterans groups who didn't want Viet vets in their units, and Good Upstanding pentagon bureaucrats who denied that Agent Orange damaged anyone.
Add pictures here
โœ–
Give me examples of veteran's organizations rejecting Viet Nam vets. Nice clich้' but didn't happen unless you're talking about Kerry types with long hair and an endless harangue against the US Government and the US military.
bob g.
GregP wrote:

Add pictures here
โœ–
Robert Galloway writes:

Truism, not cliche. And I'll be a buck you don't see the contradiction in your statement, do you? Charlie Self "Abstainer: a weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure." Ambrose Bierce
Add pictures here
โœ–
On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 20:25:19 -0600, Robert Galloway

You "proved" it with your post, boychik: that's right, there were all sorts of Vietnam vets with long hair, a lot of them were black, and some were against the war. And the old-time vet organizations had a hard time dealing with them. People like yoiu have very short-term memories and would much prefer to latch on to a Rush Limbaugh one-liner to "explain" everything for you: it's easier on the brain that way.
Add pictures here
โœ–
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (dteckie) wrote in message

I think EVERYBODY agrees we can't just leave without doing everything possible to fix the situation(s). The question seems to be do we want to continue following the leader who got us into this crappy situation to begin with, and will probably get us into even more, crappier situations.
Add pictures here
โœ–