OT Political Humor

Page 2 of 5

New Reason for Invading Iraq: it's a job creation program.
GregP notes:

Wars do tend to create jobs, but those jobs are used to make items that are what one might call short-term in durability--munitions, armored vehicles, unarmored military vehicles, materiel that gets expended in a hurry. And once the war is over, the jobs are, too, these days.
Charlie Self "Abstainer: a weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure." Ambrose Bierce
On 31 Oct 2004 14:48:56 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

You're right, and this is the source of the majority of the "jobs created" under Bush.
GregP writes:

Probably the majority are in the 900,000 jobs he created in "the public sector" while as a true Christian conservative he was shrinking government, deficits and all that.
We got another level of annoyance in TSA, an outfit that fails every test it is given, so he can say his adminstration is "protecting the public".
Charlie Self "Abstainer: a weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure." Ambrose Bierce

No, it's not. Do you ever read *anything* besides DNC talking points?
(Charlie Self)

I suspect that he also reads the US Communist Party's talking points as well.
http://www.cpusa.org
--
Al Reid

A government big enough to give you everything you want...
Al Reid wrote:

Wow, I didn't even know it still existed. Talk about a lonely place to be.
JK

Fits this administration to a T.
On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 13:32:14 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

No, I haven't: I didn't even know there were any. But I've listened to Limbaugh and some clown named Mark Lavin(spell? anyway, pretty funny, in a goebbels sort of way), and I've spent a fair amount of time on Bush, NRA, and other neocon wacko sites. It's enlightening, in a very close-minded sort of way :-)

I didn't think so. It shows.
snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote in message (Doug Miller)

Interesting parsing of what was obvious a mis-typed reply. Should we similarly parse everything that George W says. Oh wait, I forgot - we do. Its a source of so much frivolity.
JK
"Jim Kirby"

That's the "rope a dope" strategery. Works every time.
calmly ranted:

There's no such thing as a "tax cut". It's merely a "gentler rape of the taxpayer" which happens. That's why I want reps and dems less involved in our government.
--
"Excess regulation and government spending destroy jobs and increase
unemployment. Every regulator we fire results in the creation of over

It's a dream, but that's all it is.
Charlie Self "When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary." Thomas Paine

I like much of the Libertarian party, but drug legalization is a deal breaker for me.
dwhite
snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net says...

Actually, legalization makes sense. All we did during Prohibition was make gangsters rich, now we're making another set rich. Legalize it, pass it out for free or at cost, and the profit goes out of it. All the drug lords would have to become gun runners or some such. Then we could start treating the addicts to cure them.
The people who fought the hardest against repeal were the bootleggers.
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

says...

apples and oranges.
dwhite

What makes you think addicts want to be treated or cured?
On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 23:07:11 -0500, "Henry St.Pierre"

I've known several. all of them know they have to stop or die. most of them want to live.
On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 22:46:36 -0700, bridger wrote:

I have a sibling who's been doing junk for close to 50 years, he cares not what happens to himself or anyone else who get between him and his drugs. He will lie, steal and resort to violence if necessary to get his stuff. He's been on the cure more times than I can remember, never lasting more than a few weeks at best. Why he is still alive is a mystery.
-Doug
--
"It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among
[my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between