OT Political Humor

Page 1 of 5
Joke of the day from rec.humor.funny:
Q. What's the difference between the Vietnam War and the Iraq War?
A. George W. Bush had a plan to get out of the Vietnam War.
"Scott Cramer" wrote in message

LOL ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/04/04

I have my own answer to that one:
A. John Kerry was for both of those wars before he was against them.
dwhite
On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 04:11:58 GMT, "Dan White"

1. John Kerry had the guts to fight for his country before realizing that it was not his country he was being asked to fight for.
2. You are lying about the second war.

So was he, then. You don't _really_ need the details of the quote posted, do you?
Dan (Black &) White wrote:

Four years of G. Walker Bush's tunnel vision seems to have you convinced that there is something inherently wrong with changing one's opinion.
Stubbornness is not strength - but it's often stupidity.
Scott

Scott (Cosmo) Cramer:
C'mon man it was a joke. But since you mentioned it, can't you see that Kerry's positions have been purely motivated by getting himself moved up ahead of Dean in the polls? It is pretty well documented. Do you really think Kerry's change in position was due to some sort of enlightenment? Politicians in general rely on the electorate's gullibility and lack of time to research the issues. Kerry's no different.
dwhite

Really? Explain this one away:
http://www.gop.com/News/MultiMedia/VideoPlayer.aspx?ID 7&T=3
lol, dwhite
On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 23:42:42 GMT, "Dan White"

What, a GOP site playing a sequence of Bush lies is supposed to "explain" anything other than the fact that Bush has more problems with truth than PT Barnum ? It sure as heck doesn't take much to put one over on you, does it ?

Huh? When you go to that site an audio clip entitled "John Kerry Flip Flop Audio, Cut 2." It has nothing to do with the Bush clips. I didn't even play those clips. Why don't you have another listen and let me know whether I was "lying" about Kerry's support of the war before he was against it. This clip was from Meet the Press.
dwhite
On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 23:25:39 GMT, "Dan White"

You mean the one where he said that based on what later proved to be lies about Saddam's activities by Bush and his fellow propagandists, he said that Saddam should be held accountable ? Or do you have a nice little spin for that from your junkie hero ?

Ah, I see the problem now. lie = deliberately telling an untruth, as in "I did not have sex with that woman"
In the case cited above, the problem was not deliberately misleading people, it was acting on the best available intelligence information that turned out to be wrong. Using incorrect information when one has no way of knowing does not equal a lie.
Unfortunately that intelligence information was incorrect. If we had known that, Saddam and sons could still be happily ensconced in their little kingdom, sawing peoples' hands off, running them alive through plastic shredders and committing mass killings while their friends the French continued to profit from the oil for thugs program. <http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,135652,00.html (Yeah, I know it's Fox -- don't worry, there are pictures too)
On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 19:44:02 -0700, Mark & Juanita
Uh, this one's for you.
http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~af380/JamiesHooker.jpg
--
"If the promise of the Declaration of Independence is ever to be fulfilled,
it will be the Libertarian Party which fulfills it. If the Constitution is

I guess we're even in the spewed beverage department.
Dang, where's the windex?
On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 21:15:01 -0700, Mark & Juanita

I'm happy that you enjoyed her. <wink>

Here ya go. <hand>
--
"Excess regulation and government spending destroy jobs and increase
unemployment. Every regulator we fire results in the creation of over

That's bull. First, the administration put pressure on analysts to tilt their analyses. Second, by the time Bush started talking about aluminum tubes to be used for nucular blowguns, that and sundry other Tales of Fantasy were being discounted by most level-headed people. In other words, people outside the administration. The administration, on the other hand, was hell- bent to kick off a kick-ass war (of course, most of the adminis - ation has never been in a war, least of all in the military) so they gave a flying f**k about the lack of any real evidence justifying an attack on Iraq. it.
On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 19:44:02 -0700, Mark & Juanita

There is torture and murder going on in Iran, North Korea, Indonesia, Abu Ghraib, Pakistan, Azerbejan, China, and various and sundry other spas and shangrilas on this planet. So don't give me nonsense about how Bush invaded Iraq because he cared about Iraqis. He doesn't give a damn about most Americans, least of all Iraqis.
And we could have $225 billion more to give folks another tax cut.
Renata
On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 19:44:02 -0700, Mark & Juanita
-snip-

Are you saying the money spent on the war just evaporated? Here I thougth it was, you know, _spent_. You know, to employ people and buy stuff.
Dave Hinz
Wait. Now the justification for attacking Iraq is that is creates jobs? Geeze, just think about the job statistics if we hadn't gone and attacked them.
Renata