OT Political

Page 1 of 3
Hi all,
The question is "are you better off now, then you were 4 years ago?" If the answer is yes, vote for Bush, if the answer is no, vote for Kerry.
Tony
www.votepair.org
tony1158 wrote:

<snip>
The issues are FAR more complex than this simplistic representation. However, since you phrase it this way my answer is yes, I'm way better off today.
Yea! Clinton (and Mr. Clinton) are out of office! Frank
Saudade wrote:

Yeah? Maybe for you. Here in NY we're still stuck with the Clinton with the big balls - Hillary.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@sprintmail.com
Mike Marlow wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

Well, no, the question is "is the country better off ...", or at least it should be.
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

Since I get the distinct impression Bush feels he is (or at least wants to be) the president of the world, the question becomes, "is the world better off than 4 years ago?"
I believe that's the question former ambassadors, generals, etc. are using to determine their endorsements. They recognize and value the standing the US must maintain in world relations. One can't act the bully in the neighborhood and then be able to count on his neighbors for support and aid when he needs it.
In my view the world is worse off, the US is worse off, my state is worse off, my town is worse off and my household is worse off. Other than that... ;)
____

The problem in this country is that the bar is constantly being lowered;
Well said....
Tony
www.votepair.org

50 Former U.S. Diplomats, Retired Military Say Bush Should Not Be Trusted; Bush Has Made America More Vulnerable To Terrorists
WASHINGTON, Sept 28 /U.S. Newswire/ -- Today 50 former high- level diplomats, generals and admirals declared President Bush has made America less safe and called for his ouster.
Members of the group are available for interview, including in Miami, where several are giving public presentations this week in the run up to the Presidential Debate on Thursday. Several are fluent in Spanish.
The group released a public statement that says President Bush has squandered American lives and should not be trusted.
"The claim that we are safer is the biggest lie of this campaign season," states the group. "Now we are bogged down there in a quagmire with no solution in sight."
http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id7086
Jeff Harper wrote:

Do they trust Kerry any more than they trust Bush? In any case, Tricky Dick was about as untrustworthy as you can get, but I'd rather have him back than either of the current pair.
--
--John

Being former, obviously disgruntled.
Leon responds:

Uh, Leon not everyone leaves a job or position because they're "disgruntled." Hell, I'm a former Marine and I still belong to a group that celebrates the Marines (and works their butts off for Toys 4 Tots). I'm not a "disgruntled" former Marine. Some are. Some aren't. Just as I'd bet for the 50 diplomats mentioned.
Retired military types are seldom disgruntled, either, though some are. All of them are kicking back on half pay (or more), though, and tend to have a slightly more sanguine view of the world than some others. I have a friend who is a retired Marine Master Gunnery Sargeant who is getting close to retirement in his civilian job. Shortly after that, he can also draw full SS benefits.
Disgruntled?
In other words, you didn't jump to a conclusion, you absolutely leapt.
Charlie Self "Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them." George Orwell
"Charlie Self" wrote in message

Good on you! Every year for the last ten years or longer we've played the annual Toys 4 Tots gala here in Houston. There's always a handful of Marines, in dress blues and looking real young and fit, doing the honors ... a _very_ worth cause!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/04/04

Well, I'm neither young nor fit these days, but, then, neither are most of the rest of the local members of the Marine Corps League Detachment.
I'm not helping this year. Just getting move back and settled in and trying to keep a business running is all my sorry butt can do.
And no dress blues. Sold those so long ago I can't remember when. I do have a class A green blouse still here, with one hashmark (USMC hashmarks are for four years...IIRC, the Army has one for each two years. Rough on a short guy with 30 years in, I'd guess).
Charlie Self "Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them." George Orwell
Charlie Self wrote:

So...do you have to be gruntled before becoming disgruntled? Just wonderin'...
Philski

tony1158 did say:

What say we go to votepair.org and start a woodworking thread...

DO NOT FALL FOR THIS!!!
READ THIS WEB PAGE:
http://www.wspd.com/bobf2.html
You will clearly see:
From News Radio 1370: http://www.wspd.com/bobf2.html
1. Set up a few bogus email accounts on Yahoo or Hotmail. Make up names if you'd like. 2. Go to www.VotePair.org . 3. Select a swing state such as Florida or Pennsylvania where Nader is on the ballot. 4. Select "Nader" as your first choice for President. 5. Enter your name and email address so they can pair you with a Kerry supporter in a "safe state." 7. Confirm your agreement to vote for Kerry in your swing state via the email they send to your account while he agrees to vote for Nader in his safe state. 8. Print your confirmation email. 9. Take your printed email into your bathroom and use it as a substitute for your Charmin. 10. Go to your precinct on November 2nd and vote for George W. Bush. 11. Feel proud that you helped stop voter fraud in the United States of America!
There are other sites as well where people are admitting to signing up with multiple user accounts. Please don't "trade" your vote because you put your trust in a random online stranger. You wouldn't give your absentee ballot to a stranger you just met on a bus, and trust them to fill it in and mail it for you. Don't give your vote away to a stranger on the internet.
Yes, Terrorists now live in fear, before they could hit and run and know they might get a cruise missile shot at them in retaliation and it would be all done for. We have a President that has backbone and stands for what he believes, not the sway of voter polls.
On the other hand we have a candidate that was analyzed as the most LIBERAL Senator in the US Senate based on his record. Folks a Zebra's stripes don't change. He didn't receive an honorable discharge from the Military until it was initiated in Clintons last year in office. Hmm, could there be some back scratching here. He hasn't signed the form to open his military records. The only reason to do that is you have something to hide, hence no timely honarable discharge.. If the military had any backbone they would have court-martialed him for aiding the enemy as a commander in the US military he violated his oath when he testified before congress. He says he's intouch with the middle class, no he's an elitist that told the St. Louis audience nobody made $200K he could tell by looking, has his nails manicured (gee's that real middle class), has a history of wanting more government involvement in our daily lives.
This choice boils down to several simple ideologies: Bush Tax people less and let them decide on how to spend their own money Let Christians live with their beliefs, not be told when and where they can express their beliefs Economic growth is based on a secure nation. Think of what would happen if following 9-11 there had been another one in 6 months. We would have been in a depression regardless of who was president. Common sense enviornmental policy, we are a fossil fuel based economy, no new technology has proven to be less cost effective we should be beefing up US based oil production and drilling in Anwar, building some refineries and pushing hydrogen technology. Job growth is based on sound economic principles, not economic protectionism. Time forces jobs to change, how many jobs were the around home computers 50 years ago, zero they didn't exist. How many blacksmiths and carriage builders do we need today verses a 100 years ago, virtually none. Free enterprise works. A person should be able to invest a small amout of the money they would otherwise pay into social security, so they can be better off financially when the retire.
Kerry, Tax to supply the government money to control our lives. Give preference not equality to athiests Economic growth is based on government growth. Enviornmental policy is - to hell with the economy as long as it saves the purple striped coachroach from the endangered spieces list. Add 50 cents a gallon to gasoline so we use less. Job growth is via protectionism. i.e. prevent outsourcing, and have US consomers pay higher costs for goods and services. Wants to keep the elites seperated from the working class via depending on the government instead of themselves.
Folks the left has lied to you for years. They say "trust the government it will take care of you". Example social security, medicare, medicade, unemployment insurance, prescription drugs, OSHA, public schools, school lunch programs, agricultural price support..... Guess who pays, you the taxpayer. Wonder why its tough to compete with foreign labor, they don't have those costs to support! The left says big business is all corrupt and it's your enemy, hmm they provide jobs, benifits, community involvement, investment opportunities for people to make money, yea there really bad alright.
tony1158 wrote:

BRAVO!