OT Pol: Some Meditations Before You Vote

Page 3 of 3
"jo4hn"

No, but some are closer than others.

Not sure where you get that. Could be God, wives, husbands, lovers, or children.

Sometimes it's the solution for peace. It worked in Japan, Germany and South Korea, for example.

Ask the DNC why it puts partisanship over those rights. Ralph Nader has been blocked from his constitutional rights in many states. Millions have been disenfrancised by Democrats who believe in free speech as long as you agree with them.

For many perhaps. But for others hate, oppression and death are their core values.

That's a utopian dream but unfortunantly not reality. Sometimes peace must be bought with bullets, bombs and blood. That doesn't sound as hip or poetic but it's the truth.

Correction. Every legal vote should be counted.
Fletis Humplebacker wrote: <SNIP>

guys out here have targeted David Dreier, a pro illigal immigration republican, for defeat, and the National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC) is trying to shut them up by having them charged with felonies. (more info here http://www.johnandkenshow.com/ )
Let me add, I am a registerd republican, but I also believe in free speech.
Glen
"Glen"

There's no information but the headlines there. I have no idea if the NRCC has a proper case or what any details are. However, restricting a candidate from the ballot because you're afraid of the votes he may siphon off is as low as it gets. This after all the "disenfranchised voters" hysteria. How sad but Ralph has promised to follow up on the legalities after the elections.
"Fletis Humplebacker" <!> wrote in message

http://www.jsonline.com/news/metro/oct04/271173.asp?format=print http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/newsnight/3956129.stm http://www.sptimes.com/2004/10/22/Pasco/Election_chief_warns_.shtml http://www.sptimes.com/2004/10/16/Hillsborough/Ballot_instructions_c.shtml http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A62645-2004Oct25.html http://www.daytondailynews.com/localnews/content/localnews/daily/1026voting.html http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/cuyahoga/1098869734214610.xml http://www.dispatch.com/election/election-local.php?story=dispatch/2004/10/22/20041022-A1-00.html http://www.cincypost.com/2004/10/18/absen101804.html http://www.cincypost.com/2004/10/18/absen101804.html http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6346293 / http://www.stpetersburgtimes.com/2004/10/31/Tampabay/Polls_bulge_as_voters.shtml http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/trib/pittsburgh/s_266695.html http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/pp/04296/399788.stm
Obviously a bunch of "hysteria" on the subject of disenfranchised voters. Probably propagated by the Liberal Media.
"Nate Perkins" <

Here's the part you missed, the first sentence: "Citing a new list of more than 37,000 questionable addresses..." Only legal votes should be counted, do you have a problem with that? What does that have to do with disenfranchising millions of legal voters?
Same old liberal tactics, smear, obfiscate, accuse, etc... Whatever it takes to whip up emotional support.
"Fletis Humplebacker" <!> wrote in message

I posted fourteen separate links. Are you saying that's the first sentence in each of the fourteen links? Okay, so here's another article by the New York Times. Obviously the Times is just another liberal media source out to smear, obfiscate (sic), accuse, etc:
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/01/politics/campaign/01voting.html
"Nate Perkins"

Nope, first one.

Usually so but here's what I mean:
[Much of the tone has been set by a propaganda war of sorts between the parties, with the Democrats charging that efforts are being made to suppress the vote and Republicans warning against voter fraud or double voting.]
[Jenny Backus, another adviser to the D.N.C., said that early voting had gone smoothly, and that Election Day would too. "For all the Republican talk of beware, beware, millions of Americans are having a perfectly pleasant voting experience," she said.]
Which side is promoting the hysteria? The side saying watch for illegal voting, especially when there's more registered voters than eligible voters, or those claiming voter suppression? No wonder Jenny's a mouthpiece for the DNC.
On 1 Nov 2004 05:38:52 -0800, n snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Nate Perkins) wrote:

Horror of horrors! Demanding that registered voters actually identify themselves as to who they are! Whoever heard of such a thing? Sounds more like a reason to suspect extensive voter fraud during this election. Quoting, "The initial GOP challenge, which was dismissed 3-0 by the city Election Commission last week, cited thousands of cases where no voter address exists, such as vacant lots and, in one case, a gyros stand." ... and you are screaming about disenfranchisement? I'm stunned that the city election commission is not concerned about the fact that "registered voters" can't provide a legitimate address. OK, well I'm not, after all, the city election commission is probably highly supportive of fraud as long as it promotes their candidate.

So it's OK for fraudulent voting to occur; heaven forbid anyone slow down the process.

This one I'll grant should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

????? Where's the partisanship or disenfranchisement here? Or are you saying that Democrats are just less able to figure out things than others?

Not registering with WP

Bad link

Fail to see how making sure that the voter's rolls are correct is disenfranchisement. I know it makes it harder to commit voter fraud, but taking inactive voters off the rolls (it takes 8 years!?) doesn't seem to be disenfranchisement. If those people show up, they do get to cast a provisional ballot -- it just means that they have to prove who they are and that they are not somebody voting for one of those "inactive" voters.

Prosecutable fraud.

Frankly, if they didn't notice Kerry's name was missing, they ought not be voting anyway. Doubling up links here to give sheer weight in numbers?

Yeah, the USPS is firmly in Bush's camp. Sheesh. Part of the remainder of the story is about Democrats intimidating Republicans to keep them from voting. If one can show that they are who they say they are, why would being asked to produce identification prior to voting be considered to be suppression?

Maybe those are the areas in which they are most concerned about voter fraud? Dems are welcome to watch the polls in the other precincts --- they don't seem to be worried about fraud on that end. Hmmm.

So they didn't read the petition before signing it? ... and they vote?

Bad link
Most of your links seem to be concerned with preventing the very real possiblity of voter fraud. The actions of ACORN and other activists certainly seem to point to the potential for attempted voter fraud; the pride of the mayor of Pittsburg who stated that in the last election, every registered voter cast a ballot; the University of Wisconsin students who admitted in 2000 to casting multiple ballots, the abnormally high amount of returned mail from registered voter addresses in many precincts make this more than a hypothetical thought exercise or kook conspiracy theory. It's one thing to lose an election, it's another to lose it due to fraudulent voting.

John, I've read a lot of good stuff from you. Disappointed in this.

Couldn't agree with you more. You sure God's taking a personal interest in current activities or allowing us to feel our way and find the truth on our own?

unwarranted?
admire that sentiment.

That's idealistic bull shit. We killed a bunch of innocent Japanese in order to end WWII. We didn't start that war. There would have been more deaths on both sides had we invaded the Japanese mainland. Innocents slaughtered were regrettable but justified. Same will be true in the future. I hate it, but there it is. what about innocents on the aircraft or in the World Trade Towers?

Naw, left wing crybabies are so far from the war, your statement proves untrue. I spent 20 some years active duty in the US Army. None of us looked forward to war. We did realize that it might be necessary in our national interest and we were willing to die in the effort. "He who stands for nothing will swallow anything." So much for respect for all opinions.

All points of view are heard. Some are of no value whatsoever.

Read me a whole bunch of material where "Love" is a major part of the Islamic faith. I have muslim friends who give me this line. In politeness, I don't throw it back at them without backup. After a lot of reading since 9/11 I'm becoming doubtful. Is this true? Where has all this "kill the infidels" stuff been sidetracked?

Robert Galloway responds:

That one gives me a headache. The rationale for the atom bombs was, and is, excellent, no matter what the revisionists say today or tomorrow, but how does that relate to the innocents in the aircraft or the World Trade Towers? That's a non sequitur.

You do love your non sequiturs.

In your opinion. Which, in my opinion, is incorrect.

Again, in your opinion. Which, in my view, is still incorrect. And, I seem to recall, no one among us has been set up as supreme arbiter, so it's a bit of a tie as to whose POV is of no value whatsoever.
Charlie Self "Abstainer: a weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure." Ambrose Bierce