OT Ping Swingman sketchup

Hi Swing I know you're into sketchup have you seen this, Maide for iPad.
http://techcrunch.com/2011/10/12/maide-turns-your-ipad-into-a-3d-controller/
Rgds, Phil.

Five bucks? I think he can afford that app and will buy it. ;) Pretty cool.
-- ...in order that a man may be happy, it is necessary that he should not only be capable of his work, but a good judge of his work. -- John Ruskin
On 10/15/2011 10:31 PM, address snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid wrote:

That is pretty damn cool. I'll give it a try.
Thanks for the heads-up!!
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 10/16/2011 8:29 AM, Swingman wrote:

Are you still using your Space Navigator?
On 10/16/2011 9:06 AM, Leon wrote:

Oh hell yeah! And this thing won't replace it.
Maide doesn't work very will with my old laptop, but the idea is great. AAMOF, just being to take a photo of a position is worth the price of admission.
I'm thinking an upgrade to a new laptop will probably solve the issues I've had with it, slow, jerky, latency unacceptable.
That said, this thing has great potential and is definitely a keeper. With future upgrades, it will get better.
Thanks again to Phil for the heads-up.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 10/16/2011 7:02 PM, Swingman wrote:

I actually was most impressed by the photo part myself.

Cutlist plus has a new update and it is crazy fast now. I don't even see any thing happen the results just instantly appear. I had no problem with the speed before but it is much faster now.

It is certainly a bargain.

NP swingmam enjoy reading your posts :) so thought you might like this.
Rgds, Phil.
On 10/16/2011 7:02 PM, Swingman wrote:

Not ready for prime time, at least on a Windows machine. Still too jerky, and a photo can only be taken on the primary monitor, so you have to set your display settings every time you use it, which is still a hit and miss proposition with Windows 7.
Be interested in hearing input from someone using a Mac.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010