OT: Ping -Mike- My kid rocks on the drums.

Page 2 of 2

On 8/27/2010 2:19 PM, GarageWoodworks wrote:

LOL!
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.

Gotta give credit to the "real" drummer: :^)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8XivbFvQ1E

On 8/27/10 6:02 PM, GarageWoodworks wrote:

He's such a douche.
--

-MIKE-

Gotta love the mullet thought! :^)

.

Did I miss Porcaro? Zack Starkey? Ringo? (I'm serious about Ringo, btw. After all, he was only the drummer for the best frickin' band ever!)<more Nomex>
On 8/28/10 5:13 PM, Robatoy wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/user/GuitarCenterTV#p/u/42/uP-ZjbrNLWU

Jason and a bit of John, this rocks.
--
Froz...

I see your Bonham and raise you to the Moon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP65fJu7_J4&feature=fvsr

Here's one of the better drummers. His sticks are in the R&R Hall of Fame.
http://www.waynewoods.com/about.html
Micajah
On 8/28/10 4:13 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Ringo.... I was on a tour bus that was out with Bruce Springsteen the week before we we were out on it. They were also scheduled to head off and pick up Ringo Starr after dropping us off us in Austin, TX.
Try as I might to find a Pete Best Biography to leave on the bathroom sink, I just couldn't do it in time. I thought about making a poster to hang in the back suite that read, "Pete Best is Best!" but alas, I lost my nerve. As a younger man, I wouldn't have thought twice. :-)
Porcaro? He played on a few records. :-) http://www.toto99.com/disco/jeffdisco.shtml
--

-MIKE-

On 8/28/2010 4:13 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Oh, I'm pretty sure you've heard Porcaro's playing... He was a huge presence in the studio scene, which you probably already figure out from Mike's post. Here are a few of his most well known performances:
Boz Scaggs - Lido Shuffle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s8l75Oxf1U

Boz Scaggs - Lowdown
http://www.youtube.com/watch?veEoK4OelZU

Toto - Rosanna
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq4ychrRkQA

Michael Jackson - Beat It
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtR914o7kZ4

Don Henley - Dirty Laundry (couldn't find a decent link)
Elton John - Blue Eyes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anaO025OE-g

I liked his stuff in Steely Dan a lot.