OT Ping Mike Marlowe

I owe you a thank you for the info on the HF welding helmet. Long story short my luck with the mig welder was not going well, so I had been mostly using the stick. Anyway you got me to try the HP helmet and I did get the coupon for $39. And for another $10 I have a 27 month warranty and can upgrade even. They had a 3 shelf cart for a mig welder for $49 so I grabbed it as mine is on a shelf surrounded on all sides by crap. Planned on building a cart just hadn't got to it. Anyway set it up and was finally able to access the side. At some point I must have been desparate. So once I matched the tip to the wire, corrected the polarity I have a tool I can enjoy using again. And the helmet works nicely too.
Mike M
On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 21:40:00 -0500, "Mike Marlow"

Bah! You only helped him out because he's a Mike M. too. :)
On 2/28/2013 7:44 AM, Dave wrote:

+1
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

OK maybe you didn't give me all the answers but you caused the solution. On the cart I was able to lift the side, wrong wire, wrong polarity I'm a welder again.