OT: Ping -MIKE- drum question

Except for the village idiot posing as someone else trying to get some traffic on his youtube channel.

oops, wait a sec. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

I don't think you could do much better than, "One two three four five six s'ven eight nine ten 'l-ven, One two three four five six s'ven eight nine ten 'l-ven, One two three four five six s'ven eight nine ten 'l-ven."

Reply to
-MIKE-

Hell no! Needs 'MORE' cowbell. :^)

GarageWoodworks

Reply to
-MIKE-

Swingman

Holy shit! Only 99 cents too.

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

Um... Wow.

Reply to
Joe

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 15:08:40 -0500, the infamous -MIKE- scrawled the following:

I'll record it and play it for my neighbor's dog when it barks. Maybe THAT will finally get her to shut up her effin' "guard dog". I guess I'll have to warn the other neighbors, though, huh? ;)

-- If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. -- Samuel Butler

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Don't get me started. We have one neighbor who's dog barks all day and another who's dog barks all night.

Now, the one is at work all day, so how do they know unless someone tells them? But the other is there.... all I can conclude is that he doesn't care about his neighbors.

Reply to
-MIKE-

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 12:40:47 -0500, the infamous -MIKE- scrawled the following:

It's almost tempting enough to go have a talk with the local Chinese restaurant food buyer, isn't it?

P.S: Mike, how do you keep your drums from bothering neighbors?

-- If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. -- Samuel Butler

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Reminds me of the joke, "I don't care if there's any M.S.G. in my Chinese food. I'm more worried that there might be some D.O.G. in there."

Firstly, I'm in an inside room, in a partial basement, with half the house blocking one neighbor, and a garage with cinder block wall with exterior brick blocking the other. But that doesn't block everything.

Secondly, since I (at least try to) do this for a living, I have the luxury of practicing during the day, so many of them don't hear it anyway.

Thirdly, I told my neighbors (and repeated it when their baby arrived) to *please* tell me if the playing ever bothers them at any time and I'll make arrangements to practice at another time. I also have pads I can put on the drums and cymbals to knock down the volume from about 9 to 4, which make them virtually silent, outside.

I'm guessing my neighbors, like me, consider the loud truck mufflers and cars with sub-woofers that cause involuntary bowel movements in our neighborhood as the noise pollution.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Reply to
Steve Turner

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 15:42:25 -0500, the infamous -MIKE- scrawled the following:

Very good. You're whole lot more compassionate than most.

Don't ya just love those? I really dislike the bouncing of my truck those cause when they pull up next to me.

How many hands go up when someone thinks of a 12ga solution to that problem?

-- If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. -- Samuel Butler

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Sheesh, sorry I got here late. Being an avid drummer myself (40+ years), finding a drum related question on the wreck is a real joy.

I was playing pinstripes when they first came out and love them. Just live enough with some good flattening of the overtones. Yes, stick marks should be viewed as a thing of pride. The more you have the more you feel like a real drummer. After a while they can also tell you how accurate you are. My snare heads always start loosing some of the coating just to the left of center. and maintain a tight centered circle.

I know play > Mike,

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

At one time I discovered that most snares sound better hit slightly off-center. Dead center strikes are a little too dead. It's nice if you want that, but I like the bit of resonance you get from hitting off-center

uhhhhh.... we'll just agree to disagree on that. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 20:33:54 -0500, the infamous Steve Turner scrawled the following:

That reminds me of a joke/cartoon. A little old bald man is standing, holding his crotch and saying

"With age come skills. I can LAUGH, COUGH, SNEEZE, FART, and PEE, all at the same time."

-- If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. -- Samuel Butler

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry Jaques wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Larry,

Makes me wish someone would invent a hand-help EMP device that was focused enough to just point at the offender and ZAAAAP!!!! No more stereo!

Steve

Reply to
Steve

On 24 Mar 2010 03:13:21 GMT, the infamous Steve scrawled the following:

I wonder what a taser would do to an amp if triggerd into a woofer voicecoil...

-- Seen on a bumper sticker: ARM THE HOMELESS

Reply to
Larry Jaques