OT: Physics and Santa

Considering the quantity of galaxies, some 200 billion, and the quantity of suns in each, some 200 billion (like our own sun in our own Milky Way galaxy) we simplistict ignorant hair on a flee=existing human race have beter come up with the answers sooner than you you can say trillion dollar budget in order to survive or learn, especially since we can't really identify any planets (like earth or any other un-burning object) nearly anywhere besides our own time-limited solar (sun) system, also taking into account the universe will have no gnab gib, or second chance to do it all again like before, recently confirmed.

Reply to
bent

can you say MVEM J SUMP

Reply to
bent

I can't believe I did that, it's MVEM J. SUNP !

Reply to
bent

What are you implying Robatoy? Who drank that glass of milk and ate those cookies? :(

Reply to
Stoutman

Get a grip. The odds are practically nonexistent that h*mo sapiens or probably any primate will survive long enough to have to worry about the finite lifetime of our sun. Even if we don't manage to wipe ourselves out with nukes or a biological agent, there are plenty of natural forces (see Chicxulub) that would do the job.

todd

Reply to
todd

More like MVEM J. SUN ! if you kick Pluto out.

Reply to
Bill Stock

That's the part which leaves me full of doubt. He ATE the frickin' cookies!!

Reply to
Robatoy

Before I took the time to learn the facts I used to think that people who said that had too much pessimism and it was not to consider seriously. We have done much so and we have so much we can do. I personally estimated once that if the universe, or or solar system in time were the size of a 300 page book then the time of humans would be 1 character. Details omitted. During this time (1 character) we have learned to talk/read/write/communicate. In a fraction of this time we have developed nuclear weapons, and everything else we do nowadays. The possiblity of making your prediction could true is prevalent. It just may be so. In the grand scheme of things we are nothing. It wouldn't matter. We can do it. But as far as travel or exploration goes, we have some major hurdles science knows to be fatal, such as radiation, which must be solved. Out of the earths magnetosphere we're toast, as are our trillion dollar machines. While we want to go places, we also know that we can't. We need some solutions. So iow Santa knows, and he can do it. If we do not believe in Santa, we are doomed.

p.s. OTOH. I just read the news from my isps home page today. Some guy in a Santa suit, on a motorcycle with a side-car tried to kidnap a young girl. After reaching 80mph the dad caught up to him, and he was later arrested in a bar. Not traumatic.

Reply to
bent