OT - photos and copyrights

Page 3 of 4

"George" wrote in message

LOL .. the prevailing attitude of the tax spenders ... and the Supreme Court ruling last week on private use of imminent domain just reinforces the fact that instead of ownership, you're now basically just renting real property from the government entity that taxes it, and you just may get to keep it, or pass it on to your heirs, as long as someone else doesn't come up with at ruse to justify increasing the tax base with it.
This sucker is getting to where it ain't worth fighting for any longer ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/05

Court
fact
at
"Eminent domain." Starts with an "E," like enema....
"George" wrote in message

LOL Your analogy is right on, but as of last week the spelling is debatable ... apparently even OE's spell checker is convinced of that.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/05
Swingman wrote:

Har. Har. Computer programs don't set the standard, at least this week, this day, this hour. or in the case of Microsoft, this year. The spelling is not debatable! The beginning letter remains "E" just like it has for decades (?centuries?) in standard references. Just imagine a Microsoft programs being used as a standard. Makes you think of, "It depend on what is is."
Swingman wrote:

You spelled "imminent" correctly, it's just that it was the wrong word. I'll bet OE won't complain if you write that you routed a "rabbit" in a board, either.
R, Tom Q.
--
Remove bogusinfo to reply.

"Tom Quackenbush" wrote in message

debatable
No shit!?
And as long as we're being sticklers for correctness, your assumption is incorrect: OE's spell checker "spelled" it from my typo (debatably a poetic omen in choice of replacement words, in case you missed that also).
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/05
Swingman wrote:

<snip>
My mistake, I guess. You didn't spell "imminent" correctly, your spell checker did - is that your point?
If I want to refer to one of your posts, should I refer to it as a "Swingman" post or an Outlook Express post? I mean, you didn't actually post anything, your newsreader and ISP did that.
Aside from the "who (or what) is responsible for one's post" issue, it does seem odd that OE wouldn't offer several correctly spelled alternatives for a misspelled "eminent". Could be a defect in OE's spellcheck. Do you recall your original (mis)spelling?
R, Tom Q.
--
Remove bogusinfo to reply.

"Tom Quackenbush" wrote in message

poetic
While delusions of perfection may run in your family, judging from your above, we obvioulsy shouldn't ask too closely about having a clue ... unless of course, you are that rare man on Usenet ... the one who's never transposed an "i" and "e" on a keyboard.
You're either new to Usenet, as dense and as clueless to the vagaries of spell checkers as you appear, or you are just one of those dickheads who doesn't have anything to add but correcting typos and spelling.
Nonetheless, feel free to go fuck your perfect self at whim.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/05

While perfection somehow escapes most of us, including me, I do know how to spell "profane blockhead." And your response seems to qualify you for that appellation. Or were you just having a bad day?
--
BNSF = Build Now, Seep Forever

Hm, I saw it as a well-crafted and eloquent example of a flame. I think his observations and invitation are correct and appropriate.
Dave Hinz wrote:

I'm a little surprised at your comment, Dave. What did I say that warranted a "go fuck yourself" reply? Prior to reading your post I thought that maybe "Swingman" misunderstood me or was having a bad day when he wrote that, but maybe it _is_ me. What did I say that was so terrible? I did get a little snide in my second post, but that was in response to his "No shit?!" post. That's no excuse for my reply, but it _was_ a response in kind. I've re-read the whole sub-thread and I'm not seeing where I said anything to warrant that type of response.
I realize that I might be biased in my own favor and would appreciate an objective third party take on why what I said was so bad.
R, Tom Q.
--
Remove bogusinfo to reply.

"Tom Quackenbush" wrote in message

Let it die ... I apologize for taking you too harshly to task for your reaction to what I considered lighthearted banter on my part. We obviously both misunderstood each other ... it happens, but does not signify, nor should it have long lasting consequences/bitterness.
Have a good fourth.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/05
Swingman wrote:

Done.
Agreed. I'm usually pretty good at lighthearted banter, but I can see where I might have missed it here.

You too.
We're supposed to have sunny and dry weather all weekend up here, which means that I can make some sawdust outside. If you could see the sad state of my basement "workshop", you'd realize what good news that is (and, in Vermont, fairly rare).
R, Tom Q.
--
Remove bogusinfo to reply.

"Tom Quackenbush" wrote in message

No lack of sunshine here in Houston and it's punishingly hot, especially in a shop with no AC. However, I am determined to take advantage of some hopefully uninterrupted shop time this long weekend and complete the remaining sliding shelves in a new kitchen that has been the victim of procrastination.
Shelves ... should be a piece of cake, but somehow they've taken longer to complete than the cabinets.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/05
Swingman wrote:

<snip>
I'm well aware that I, and my spelling, are far from perfect. I'm not sure what I said that led you to believe that.
I never complained about your spelling. When you said that OE thought "eminent" was spelled "imminent", I offered an explanation as to how that might happen. Apparently you already knew all about spell checkers and my explanation was of no use to you. Fine. Instead of saying something like, "Yes, Tom, I know how spell checkers work", you gave me a snotty reply. My second post was a snotty reply to your snotty reply. That was a mistake on my part.

Very nice.
R, Tom Q.
--
Remove bogusinfo to reply.

Tom Quackenbush wrote:

Your eminence may be imminent, but you also must be fairly new to newsgroups. As a pro writer, I could have myself a time correcting spelling and use throughout most forums, but it is frowned upon, so strongly that it creates almost life threatening wrinkles in the forehead.
If you can understand what is being written, don't bitch about it. There are too many levels of education and ability here in other areas to make parsing sentences and moaning over misspellings worthwhile.
Charlie Self wrote:

<snip>
I can't afford to bitch about people's spelling, as I make plenty of mistakes myself. I didn't bitch about Swingman's spelling, either. I thought that he might not understand why OE's spell checker offered up "imminent" as a correctly spelled, but wrong, choice, thus my initial post. Apparently, he did understand & therefore my post wasn't useful to him.
R, Tom Q.
--
Remove bogusinfo to reply.

I'd like to see this happen http://www.freestarmedia.com/hotellostliberty2.html

Amen.
Patriarch

I love it! There should be no issue with this, right?
It is further interesting to note, that despite all of the rhetoric about how the right, conservatives, and the current adminstration are only in it for giant corporations and to advance the corporate agenda, look who of the men in black robes voted *for* government siezure of private land from individual citizens for the benefit of large corporations and who voted against that siezure; writing some very strong language regarding the absolute tyranny that this move represented. Think about that when the next supreme court justice vacancy is being filled.