OT: Pet peeve.

I don't think so, in Canada.

Reply to
Leon

Nope - that one gets to me as well.

But the worst are the idiots that won't turn right on a red light, or left from a oneway to a oneway on a red light.

Some of our streets have two right turn lanes and I've seen idiots sit there in the left one and watch the people in the right one go. Then, of course, the ones who turned into the right lane decide they should have been in the other and cut in front of me.

And I can't discuss cell phones without descending into Anglo-Saxon!

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

I haven't been to Mexico - I was going to put Boston first :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

It is extremely frustrating for a "Public Safety Officer" who is, at times EMS, Fire or Police to realize that he's in the vehicle with wrong color lights when some moron won't yield. We were going to get some paintball guns to mark non-compliant vehicles for pickup by trailing officers in the blue-lighters, but realized that, though it might make us feel better, it wasn't the primary task when we were EMS.

When we had an officer or relative of an officer in the back of the rig, we generally got a couple of patrol cars to run interference, so we never had to slow down.

Reply to
George

Who needs to go to Cedar Point when you can get the crap scared out of you by a 20 dollar cab-ride in Montreal?

Roundabouts in the UK during rush hour are a trip-and-a-half. The part I do like about those, is when the traffic blob finally spits you out onto one of the spokes (exits), you get to go see things you ordinarily wouldn't have planned for.

Another fave, is to go off the East-bound Express lanes...then across

5 lanes of collector lanes to get to the Yonge Street exit off the 401 in Toronto...all at 130-140 KPH. r
Reply to
Robatoy

Me too! BRILLIANT!!

Reply to
Robatoy

Not wrong to get pissed, just a total waste. I might get upset for

10 seconds, but that's it. Don't allow others to get your goat.
Reply to
Phisherman

Five teenagers, Canandaigua, N.Y., a town about 10 miles southeast of Rochester, NY.

Nova

"Robatoy" wrote

If you have ever seen Gallagher perform, he is inspired silliness. He is a prop comedian. In the above bit, he hangs a prop car door on himself, explains the use of the stupid suction cup arrow and proceeds to stick them to the door as he is walking around.

He then hauls out a hundred or so props and make his jokes. He is most famous for the "sledge -a-matic". That is that big wood hammer that he smashes everything with. That includes his trademark watermellon smash.

At his shows, the first three rows are covered by plastic tarps, to protect the audience members from flying smashed fruit.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Yeah, same here. Downtown Boston is one scary place to drive. On my second visit there, I decided "Screw driving. I'll take a cab."

I did that *once*. On my *third* visit, I walked everywhere I went.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Ignorance of gun laws is rampant. There ARE rules, carefully worked out over generations.

The method I was taught was to tap the offender's bumper a few times, while honking and yelling. He will then exit his auto and storm back to your car to enlighten you on being polite.

"I was in fear of my life, so I smoked him" is then a valid excuse.

Reply to
HeyBub

Many years ago, my mother was in the left hand turn lane waiting for the light to change when her car stalled.

As she was trying to get the car restarted, the light changed and the guy behind her started blowing his horn.

After a couple of minutes of listening to the horn while unsuccessfully trying to start the car, my mother got out of her car, walked back to the car behind her and tapped on the window.

When the guy rolled down the window she said, "If you will start my car I'll blow your horn."

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

How long did it take before he stopped laughing?

Reply to
Doug Miller

In our little town, at 4 way stops 99% of the people are polite. First one to stop goes first 2n ,3rd etc. Now the other 1%>> We are not allowed to used guns. BUT baseball bats are OK. (G)

Reply to
Warren Weber

Sun, Sep 23, 2007, 5:06pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@topworks.ca (Robatoy) doth sayeth: So, you pull up behind a guy at a red traffic signal. He's going where you're going. Straight.

I can live with that, don't like it, but live with it. What pisses me off is when there's a separate turn lan, and instead of using that the idiot stays in the traffic lane.

Don't want to get me started on idiot drivers. I dould go on this for a lonnng time.

However, I will contribute this. Lately I've been seeing a LOT of idiots at a two way stop, stop when they've got the right of way, and I'm at the stop sign. I'm basically stuck because I have no idea what they're going to do. Actually I'm afraid to to anything xcept sit there, for fear if I do anything they'll run into me.

JOAT What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations?

- Peter Egan

Reply to
J T

Yes it is OK. My problem here in NY is that I work in a primarily college town. Run into this all day long. Usually some blonde with the name "Hoover" or "Eureka" stamped on her forehead to let everyone know her intelligence all the while talking on her Blackberry or whatever, smoking a cigarette, reading her class assignment and putting her makeup on. Then has the ignorance to flip you off for honking your horn because you would like to get moving through the second green light instead of her trying to get turned into Starbucks from the center lane.

Yes it is OK, in fact the next time you might want to reference what part of their family lineage that they should procreate with when the offender tells you that you should become a hermaphrodite. Make sure to address them as "Charmin" or "Cottonelle" or they might think you are talking to someone else.

As the bumper sticker says "Horn broken, Watch for finger"

Allen

Reply to
Allen Roy

Boston is one of the worst in the US. For a real treat, try Rome or Naples.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I actually don't mind their 'cleaning the gene pool', but WHY do they have to endanger the rest of us !!

Ron Magen Backyard Boatshop

"Nova" wrote

"Sw> >

Reply to
Ron Magen

I'm slowly coming around to the opinion that all cars should be equipped with cell-phone jammers or some other technology to render cell phones unusable in a moving car. This is one where people will _not_ engage in any kind of common sense and laws prohibiting cell-phone use in cars seem to be substantially unenforceable.

Reply to
J. Clarke

As I remember, he isn't walking, he's riding a tricycle, with his elbow resting on the car window frame?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis