OT: Pet peeve.

Page 2 of 4
Robatoy wrote: | So, you pull up behind a guy at a red traffic signal. | He's going where you're going. | Straight. | The lane to the right of you (normally for straight-through and | right- turns) is filling up with cars. | Then, the light goes green...and the IDIOT in front of you, puts on | his left-turn signal. | 20-30 cars coming from the other end, later..HE gets to make the | left turn at the VERY end of the yellow..and there you are, like a | farking idiot waiting for the light to change. | | Is it wrong for me to get totally pissed at that?
Hmm - would you have been equally irritated if he'd signaled his left turn sooner?
I won't even bother to suggest that it might have been both faster _and_ less stressful to have been in the right lane...
So what did you lose - an entire minute? I guess it's not really wrong, but life's just too short to waste on being pissed at the inevitable.

road.
says...

at home instead.

Check your local gun laws. I'm pretty sure you are allowed to shoot.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
| Check your local gun laws. I'm pretty sure you are allowed to shoot.
While I was in Phoenix a couple of years ago, a guy did exactly that.
I'm fairly certain that being charged with homicide didn't really improve his day.
Morris Dovey wrote:

Ignorance of gun laws is rampant. There ARE rules, carefully worked out over generations.
The method I was taught was to tap the offender's bumper a few times, while honking and yelling. He will then exit his auto and storm back to your car to enlighten you on being polite.
"I was in fear of my life, so I smoked him" is then a valid excuse.
wrote in message

tak wrote:

It is possible to register one of these http://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/detail.asp?armor_ide for street use. The Israelis have a version with a 90mm gun, although the standard 37mm should suffice for any likely traffic condition.
--John
"Robatoy" wrote:

Many years ago, my mother was in the left hand turn lane waiting for the light to change when her car stalled.
As she was trying to get the car restarted, the light changed and the guy behind her started blowing his horn.
After a couple of minutes of listening to the horn while unsuccessfully trying to start the car, my mother got out of her car, walked back to the car behind her and tapped on the window.
When the guy rolled down the window she said, "If you will start my car I'll blow your horn."
Lew

How long did it take before he stopped laughing?
--
Regards,
wrote in message

Robatoy wrote:

do that would rate a good "pissed". I get pissed at people who think they can drive and talk on the cell phone at the same time. I drove my pickup to the local blue borg the other day, maybe a 10 minute drive round trip, and had to exercise my anti-lock brakes THREE times. All three times by young females (probably late teens or early twenties) and all talking on the *&@&%#@& CELL PHONE! People that say they can talk on the phone and it doesn't affect their driving are lying to themselves.
Wayne

*Wrong?* We can't answer that, it's a personal judgement call. But it is certainly *useless* to get worked up over.

would tail gate, flash my lights, gesture, etc... I failed to notice that nothing I did or said bothered the idiot in front of me in the least... I finally realized in my 40's that I was the idiot..lol
Spend a few days driving in Mexico and your local idiots won't bother you nearly as much...
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
"mac davis" wrote in message

You got that right. Scariest place I've ever driven....#2 Boston downtown
Lee wrote:

Boston requires local knowledge. "xxx Boylston Street" doesn't tell you _which_ Boylston Street. And they never bothered to put back the street markers that they removed in 1776 to confuse the British.
--John
On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:13:07 +0000, Lee wrote:

I haven't been to Mexico - I was going to put Boston first :-).

Who needs to go to Cedar Point when you can get the crap scared out of you by a 20 dollar cab-ride in Montreal?
Roundabouts in the UK during rush hour are a trip-and-a-half. The part I do like about those, is when the traffic blob finally spits you out onto one of the spokes (exits), you get to go see things you ordinarily wouldn't have planned for.
Another fave, is to go off the East-bound Express lanes...then across 5 lanes of collector lanes to get to the Yonge Street exit off the 401 in Toronto...all at 130-140 KPH.
Robatoy wrote:

Just got back from Ireland, where they have those same roundabouts. Even the Irish don't like them. But, with my sense of humor, I decided that they have an advantage in that you don't have to commit to an exit until you are good and ready ... once in the circle, you have right of way so you can just keep circling until you see an exit you like.
And circling and circling.
'U' turns are a piece of cake. I got plenty of practice, too.
It took me three hours to get from Shannon airport to my hotel in Limerick -- a 20 minute drive. That is WITH a map and three stops for assistance from humans -- the first of whom should have simply told me to turn back around and look to my left at the bridge coming into town. That would have done it.
Bill

visit there, I decided "Screw driving. I'll take a cab."
I did that *once*. On my *third* visit, I walked everywhere I went.
--
Regards,