OT: Peppers

Thanks for the correction. My "copy" function, for unknown reason, wouldn't work on that page, so I made a typed copy. The odd thing is if there is any difference with what I rendered with what you gave as a good link, my eyes haven't found a visual diffeence. Quien sabe.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Reply to
Edward Hennessey

I like this place -

Red #9240A runs 445,000

There are peppers of all heats - and lots of tomatoes as well.

Mart>> Thanks for the information - and I thought the bhut

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

Two central p's in pepper.

Reply to
R. Scanlon

is the main in.

Mart> >

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

Two things to mention.

The Chile Pepper Institute is the usual barometer for testing in this specialty. It would be worthwhile to see if their results correlated with the Australian findings.

Second, watch out for the stem succulents of the genus Eurphorbia. There is significant variation in the group but certain species exude a milky latex when cut that serves the plants well as a defense mechanism. Folk in parts of Africa are said to use minute amounts as a season in certain preparations but the exposure here would be in breaking or cutting landscape or ornamental specimens. Cultures in Africa also use bruised specimens of the plants to effect a mass kill of pond inhabitants which can later be cooked and safely eaten.

Euphorbia juice can lead to all of the negative effects mentioned with peppers with the addition of causing damage to eye tissue. On the skin, Naphta works wellas a solvent. But get the wrong stripe of the stuff in a peeper and its off to the doctor for lavage and eyedrops (evidently similar to cocaine) to allay the head-turning pain.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Reply to
Edward Hennessey

RS:

Aha. Thanks. Long day.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Reply to
Edward Hennessey

"Edward Hennessey" wrote in message news:rsGdnT5Kl52ikTjQnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com...

This is a shameless plug for a movie about a Coke bottle lost somewhere in South African Bushman country: "The Gods Must Be Crazy".

It is beyond imagining that anyone would not find this movie engaging, entertaining and enlightening. And that's just the e's. There is a scene therein where some bad guys are under what looks to be a Euphorbia ingens tree. Our outgunned good guys-- including a Bushman with the best smile I'll ever see--shoot the tree, raining sap on the attackers who proceed to rain screams at the sky. Tree 100, ambush plan 0.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Reply to
Edward Hennessey

That was one of the best, funniest movies I've ever seen.

Don't be dissin' the badgers, boys!

-- The United States of America is the greatest, the noblest and, in its original founding principles, the only moral country in the history of the world. -- Ayn Rand

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Fosters isn't one of them

My favourite peppers are the juicy, bulbous, fat, succulent green peppers. I eat those like apples.

You guys do grow some spectacular women, I must say. Wines are pretty nice too. Cheese.... not so much. Snakes...NOW you're talking quality! :-)

Reply to
Robatoy

1.46 million SVH?

Baby food.

Reply to
Father Haskell

An apple a day, keeps the doctor away a pepper a day keeps everyone away

Women I must agree with you Wines are for drunkards and people who want to think they are betterer than everyone else Cheeses are mostly made in New Zealand, they used to be good, but you can't seem to get a really sharp cheese now

The deadliest snake lives here ask all the young unmarried mothers they will tell you it is the trouser snake

Reply to
George W Frost

They do tend to be a bit crazy so they are best bedded after pissing them off first.

George, George, you down-to-earth cobber, you... that is simply not true. Your average plunk is indeed simply a method to get blottoed to the point of Technicolour Yawn BUT.. a fine wine is something totally different. I also have a problem with wine snobs. I can't stand the breed. I DO, however, enjoy a glass of wine with dinner and I do know the difference between a Chateau Chunder, a fine Australian fighting wine, and an Italian Chianti which was foot-pressed by a young Italian virgin, the latter in itself a rather rare commodity.

I couldn't find a piece of cheese that was decent between Geelong and Melbourne.

Plenty of them around here too.

Reply to
Robatoy

I'm allergic, so all I can say is "Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!"

I'd love a sister party with Rachel and Sela Ward.

Great spiders, too. I just watched the movie "Down Under" and it was a smashing success. Go rent it. 1987 surfer/gold miner/biker flick. Excellent touring of the out-of-the-way Oz and its multiple colors of people.

-- The United States of America is the greatest, the noblest and, in its original founding principles, the only moral country in the history of the world. -- Ayn Rand

Reply to
Larry Jaques

They'd make a nice Robbie sammich.

Reply to
Robatoy

To which I add:

reinforces my belief that once you remove all the hype and preconceived bullshit, all bets are off in blindfold tasting, and listening.

Reply to
Robatoy

I like this one:

your money on wine; just crank up the stereo.

Max

Reply to
Max

Zachary what I mean wine snobs

Reply to
George W Frost

"Texas Red", from Ste. Genevieve Winery in Fort Stockton, TX. Two 1.5 Liter bottles at Sam's for US$9.89 ... guaranteed to humble the worst case of wine snobbery in a blind taste test.

Reply to
Swingman

------------------------------ The grape doesn't agree with me; however, "Two Buck Chuck" works for cooking.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

They load up wine with sulfates to kill bugs and it tries to get to us.

I carry the Viking gene from both parts of the family tree.

Such is life.

Mart> >

Reply to
Martin Eastburn