OT: People will do anything for a bargain.

I found the following story rather interesting.

Radio Shack had a similar deal for a $29 DVD. Great Bargains if you are willing to risk your life.

Rich

Reply to
RKON

willing to risk your life.

How about those big-hearts at Wal-mart -- offering to put a DVD player on hold for her? The woman was knocked down, trampled, suffered a seizure and is hospitalized -- and Walmart's PR type says: "Gee, we'd hate to lose her as a customer."

How about facing her as a defendant?

Ken

Reply to
bambam

bambam states:

Might could happen, I'd guess. I had to slip into Walmart on Friday a.m.--broke my glasses the day before, and I wear the +1 cheapos--so I did my usual, rolling out of the house in time to get there at about 4:45. Looked suspicious right from the start, with far more vehicles in the lot than is normal at that time.

I had a couple small things to get...Tylenol, etc....but took one look at the stacks of super cheap TV sets and other stuff, did a fast shuffle into the glasses stand, grabbed a pair and skittered.

I mean, dozens of people standing next to huge stacks of big cartons holding idjit boxes is something I don't want to be around when the horn blows, the bell rings or whatever. I go early when I go to beat the crowds. When the crowd is there first, I'm leaving ASAP.

Charlie Self

"I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it." George Carlin

Reply to
Charlie Self

Hey, here's a novel thought, why not charge those who trod on her with assault?

Can't a grown adult figure out it might be dangerous to run with a crowd, or even stand in front of a crowd about to run? At the start of a fun run, if someone trips over and gets trampled, do we sue the organisers, the city or the slippery shoe manufacturer.

Sometimes in life, you take your chances and blame yourself.

Reply to
Groggy

No sue the starters of christmas. might as well get to the source.

Reply to
Steve Knight

There we come. That will provide job for all lawyers till the judgment day. I can't wait to hear their arguments.

Dmitri

Reply to
Dmitri

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:13:25 GMT, Steve Knight brought forth from the murky depths:

Yeah, sue that Pilate dude. The guys who put the X in Xmas. No, wait; he was responsible for the Easter Bunny, wasn't he? So sue that hispanic-named guy, the three ad men, and that d*mned star who led 'em there. Untold numbers of people were awakened by that glaring thing that night.

There oughta be a law...

============================================================== Like peace and quiet? Buy a phoneless cord. http://www/diversify.com/stees.html Hilarious T-shirts online ==============================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Have a feeling that those lawyers might not be in a very good position on judgement day.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Saw a bumper sticker: "If you're going to live like there is no God you had better be right!"

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass