OT: outlet stores

IMO, real manufacturer outlet stores are cool. I am specifically *not* talking about the so-called "outlet" stores at the outlet malls. I *am* talking about the shop in the corner of the manufacturer's warehouse that sells stuff that might not be perfect or may just be overstock. One such example near where I travel is the Plano Molding Company in Plano, IL. They have a neat little outlet with cheap tackle boxes, plastic shelving, etc. Revere Copper and Brass used to build pots and pans in my home town in central IL before it all went to Korea. Before they moved, they had an outlet store. And before they moved out of state, Fannie Mae used to have a thrift shop about a block away from one of my clients. The "factory-second" Pixies tasted the same to me!

So, I'm shopping for names and locations for real, honest-to-goodness outlet stores. If I can get enough, maybe I'll put them up on a web site or something.

todd

Reply to
todd

Stouffers located in Solon, Oh (Cleveland burb).

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett