OT - OUCH!!

I don't think safety glasses would have helped here. Or a hard hat!

Mark and Kim Smith

Geez, and I thought getting snagged by a fish hook hurt.

Reply to
Jeff P.

Are you certain those pix are for real? Any metal in a CT causes artifacts in the image (even some fillings will do it) A huge steel hook? Rob

Reply to
Rob Mitchell

those look like x-rays to me. not sure why you thought they were CT scans

Mike in Mystic

The referenced article said, "The computerized tomography scan images revealed..."

Reply to
JLarsson

Those looked like coronal "scout scans" rather than a CT slice which would be an axial (horizontal on a standing person) slice, so the artifact you'd expect won't be there - it's a straight x-ray at that point, no reconstruction involved.

Dave "Worked for GE Medical on scanners for a dozen years..." Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Yes, but the pics in the article are made by a CT scanner in straight x-ray mode. So, you're both right.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Ok Dave, you're probably right, I thought they were MIPs when I looked at them first, but scouts would make sense.

But do you think they are genuine?

Reply to
Rob Mitchell

Yup.

Hard to say. It'd take all of 2 minutes to photoshop up something like that. If you want to see some amazing photoshop contests, check out fark.com (warning: HUGE time wasting potential at that site). They have one or two photoshop contests a day, and there are some seriously talented folks there. Something as trivial as this would be very simple indeed.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Hinz