OT - OUCH!!

I don't think safety glasses would have helped here. Or a hard hat!
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/4184891/detail.html?rss Žn&psp=irresistible
Add pictures here
āœ–
Geez, and I thought getting snagged by a fish hook hurt.
--
Jeff P.

A truck carrying copies of Roget's Thesaurus over-turned on the
āœ–
Mark and Kim Smith wrote:

Are you certain those pix are for real? Any metal in a CT causes artifacts in the image (even some fillings will do it) A huge steel hook? Rob
Add pictures here
āœ–
those look like x-rays to me. not sure why you thought they were CT scans

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/4184891/detail.html?rss Žn&psp=irresis tible
Add pictures here
āœ–
Mike in Mystic wrote:

scans
The referenced article said, "The computerized tomography scan images revealed..."
Add pictures here
āœ–

Yes, but the pics in the article are made by a CT scanner in straight x-ray mode. So, you're both right.
Add pictures here
āœ–

Those looked like coronal "scout scans" rather than a CT slice which would be an axial (horizontal on a standing person) slice, so the artifact you'd expect won't be there - it's a straight x-ray at that point, no reconstruction involved.
Dave "Worked for GE Medical on scanners for a dozen years..." Hinz
Add pictures here
āœ–
Dave Hinz wrote:

Ok Dave, you're probably right, I thought they were MIPs when I looked at them first, but scouts would make sense.
But do you think they are genuine?
Add pictures here
āœ–

Yup.
Hard to say. It'd take all of 2 minutes to photoshop up something like that. If you want to see some amazing photoshop contests, check out fark.com (warning: HUGE time wasting potential at that site). They have one or two photoshop contests a day, and there are some seriously talented folks there. Something as trivial as this would be very simple indeed.
Dave
Add pictures here
āœ–