OT - OT discussion, is it ethical?

I just had to ask...

And I fear that the response are going to tell me more about the respondees ethical standards, than about the subject ;)

Have a nice weekend y'all (what's left of it anyway).

Reply to
Soeren

One might wonder just why you "had to ask". The second sentence makes you appear either arrogant enough or presumptuous enough to give good cause not to bother answering your question.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Reply to
johnny rotten

Mike Marlow responds:

And he's pre-judged his own subject by posting OT.

Charlie Self "Giving every man a vote has no more made men wise and free than Christianity has made them good." H. L. Mencken

Reply to
Charlie Self

(John Stewart voice) Worst troll ever!

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

Hi Mike,

Sorry, I posted in a sort of response to a thread in both rec.woodworking and alt.woodworking.marketplace (Subject: Re: OT - Stem Cell Research, is it ethical?) With eg. this: Message-ID:

Which in alt.woodworking.marketplace is ferociosly dominant compared to "wood issues". and with arguments for "mixing screws, nails and nuts in the same bag".

I x-posted only since that thread was x-posted and regretfully, I did not check the impact on this group beforehand :-/

Well, if you read the thread mentioned, perhaps you get my point, but then again... Why did you bother ?

Reply to
Soeren

Yeah, what HE said.

Reply to
Uncle Lucky

I do not like OT posts. If I want a discussion on religion, politics, sex etc... I will visit those sites.

Reply to
brandt

you might also ask if trolling is ethical..

or if your trolling is just annoying drivel, or also unethical..

Reply to
mac davis

Please do. And consider not responding to OT sites if you don't like them.

Charlie Self "Giving every man a vote has no more made men wise and free than Christianity has made them good." H. L. Mencken

Reply to
Charlie Self

So...don't read them. If you are fully set against Off Topic postings, then in your newsreader, set up a filter to delete OT messages. You will never see them. Of course, you may see someone's else's reply to such postings but hey, if you don't like the show, change the channel!

Philski

Reply to
philski

On 28 Nov 2004 04:03:44 GMT, Soeren vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

Well then, I immediately feel that you will not be listening properly anyway.

Reply to
Old Nick
Reply to
Cute Swinger 8)